Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wishing to purchase a new venga before the end of september should make to inform the dealer of the offer ( on kia web site on price page) as the dealer i bought my car from made no mention of the £500 discount and only after heated debate did i receive the discount

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
When we purchased our Venga, Kia had discounted the car by £1.600, our dealer (Border Cars ) informed us of the price reduction prior to ordering.Our two local dealers (Arnold Clark and John Martin) both claimed that they knew nothing about the discounts. Needless to say I left both showrooms with steam coming out of my ears, this was after letting them see the web page in question. I suppose if it was'nt for bad dealers there would'nt be good ones.

Ian

·
Registered
209 Posts
My dealer informed me of the £1000 off the 2 & 3 and the £1600 of the 1. Also told me that even though I was paying cash it would be beneficial to take the Santander finance as they would give another £1000 towards the car & I could settle after the first payment. Good deal I gave them £150 (1st months interest + 2 months settlement) they gave me £1000.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
My dealer made a big song and dance about the discount, looking through a leaflet and suddenly saying how lucky I was as I could get £1000 off. Considering the offer was all over the Kia website, which was a direct lift onto the dealer's website, who was he trying to kid? But at least he offered the discount. How many dealers, like the two Ian went to, claimed the money off Kia, and put it in their pockets?Ian, have you checked the two dealers websites, to see if theirs are a copy of Kia's, which should show the discount. If they do show it, that is defo a call to Trading Standards.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Rizmo, after some time in both dealerships, I think I got to the bottom of the prob.Both dealers had cars in stock, and both had paid the pre-discounted prices for the cars, in the case of Arnold Clark the 1.4crdi still had ISG on them which was taken off the MY12 cars. John Martin was showing the offer 3 weeks after I got the car.

cheers Ian

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Bankhead Drive, I think id the address, Mazda, Suzuki and Kia all in the one showroom.
Ian

·
Registered
990 Posts
Edinburgh?

That's where got my car from. At the corrected price!!!

I know a guy who works for jm group so that's why I got a Kia and why I got the car at there.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Basket, we got prices from J.M. Edinburgh, but we were over £2000 better off going to Border Cars in Dumfries. First there was the £1600 discount from Kia, plus Border gave us £800 more for our old car.I complained to Kia about the service at J.M. when I got my new car call from Kia. Firstly no demonstrator was in the dealership as someone was using it to move stuff, this did not go down well with Kia.Second the fact that Kia's own pages showed the discount yet, and i Quote "we know nothing about this sir", Funny that as they had the cars discounted some 10 days later. I would not buy a new car in Edinburgh now, you can save a fortine by just driving 30 or 40 miles.

Cheers Ian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts