Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,205 Posts
I really can't remember a dealership or car manufacturer with a tag line 'not for profit company.'

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
I paid £25 in May this year
We know..
Others have paid far more..

Remember this is a 3 year old thread.. How many thing do you know that have not gone up over that time frame.

Reactions: Indalo

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
318 Posts
We know..
Others have paid far more..

Remember this is a 3 year old thread.. How many thing do you know that have not gone up over that time frame.
Johnny only posted 15 hours ago to say he paid £40. Which is what I was replying to. Not everyone reads every thread. Sometimes it's helpful to know that not all dealerships upped their price in the last 3 years.

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
Johnny only posted 15 hours ago to say he paid £40. Which is what I was replying to. Not everyone reads every thread. Sometimes it's helpful to know that not all dealerships upped their price in the last 3 years.
In reply to a 3 year old thread.
Which I replied to saying £40 is the Kia approved price now.
As well as some charge far more.

Reactions: Drwho2 and Indalo

·
Registered
318 Posts
In reply to a 3 year old thread.
Which I replied to saying £40 is the Kia approved price now.
As well as some charge far more.
And I was just pointing out that some still only charge the £25? Trying to be helpful. In future I'll not bother.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 1.6 2 ISG 2020
13 Posts
Was at my dealer today, Evans Halshaw Kia Hull, they are asking £ 25 for update...

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer in Louth wanted £40 to carry out update. The cars in for year 4 service in 2 weeks time, I'll try to get them to throw it in FoC or at a reduced price!

·
Registered
318 Posts
My dealer in Louth wanted £40 to carry out update. The cars in for year 4 service in 2 weeks time, I'll try to get them to throw it in FoC or at a reduced price!
I think you get it free when you're having a service anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think you get it free when you're having a service anyway.
Not unless you've an exceptionally decent dealer. Seemingly any updates to the car software will be carried out as part of the service but not to the sat nav/infotainment unit so usually it'll be extra.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not unless you've an exceptionally decent dealer. Seemingly any updates to the car software will be carried out as part of the service but not to the sat nav/infotainment unit so usually it'll be extra.
Well the update itself is free for 6 years. They only charge the labour. So if you're in for a service you're already being charged for said labour

·
Registered
815 Posts
Not really, it's like paying for brakes and saying that should cover an oil change too, as they already have the car. It's a separate task, so the dealers charge (1/2 hour?) labour. Right or wrong, that's business, and imho, justifiable given any labour comes with a cost to supply.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not really, it's like paying for brakes and saying that should cover an oil change too, as they already have the car. It's a separate task, so the dealers charge (1/2 hour?) labour. Right or wrong, that's business, and imho, justifiable given any labour comes with a cost to supply.
However they cost it, kia states in the handbook that you are entitled to 6 free map updates. I was told when mine went in that it was free with a service.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It seems to be sales speak, they push out the updates but you can't access them except through the dealer network. I don't know if any dealers do sat nav updates for free so it's a bit dubious to state free updates. Unlike other territories where you can download them for free, presumably for at least the 6yrs stated in the handbook.

·
Registered
661 Posts
However they cost it, kia states in the handbook that you are entitled to 6 free map updates. I was told when mine went in that it was free with a service.
Nope, not free here either whether I get it done on its own or when it’s in as part of service. My dealer did charge £25 but Kia upped their recommended charge to £40 and dealership has also now followed suit. So if you can get it for free then you’ve done well and have a very generous dealership.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My son works for a Kia Dealer and all SatNav updates are charges whether or not you are having the car serviced there. Even charge me for an update knowing he works for them. So if you can find a dealer who will do it for free then you are doing exceptionally well.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My son works for a Kia Dealer and all SatNav updates are charges whether or not you are having the car serviced there. Even charge me for an update knowing he works for them. So if you can find a dealer who will do it for free then you are doing exceptionally well.
Burrows Kia Barnsley didn't charge my father in law or my neighbour just this year.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line S AWD Fusion White Diesel Auto
48 Posts
Well the update itself is free for 6 years. They only charge the labour. So if you're in for a service you're already being charged for said labour
As I understand it hey get the update free and the £40 is to cover labour.
I got my Sportage in Wakefield but noticed recently that Kia had opened on a new site in Huddersfield, their last one was a nightmare to vist, nowhere to park.
I called i to see if it was fine to have servicing done with them, I'm with Motability, and they said yes, on leaving I asked what they charged for a map update, they said £40 plus 1 hour at £120 an hour, I will not be going there, I will drive to Wakefield, it will be chaper, an hour to update, total rip off.

·
Registered
318 Posts
As I understand it hey get the update free and the £40 is to cover labour.
I got my Sportage in Wakefield but noticed recently that Kia had opened on a new site in Huddersfield, their last one was a nightmare to vist, nowhere to park.
I called i to see if it was fine to have servicing done with them, I'm with Motability, and they said yes, on leaving I asked what they charged for a map update, they said £40 plus 1 hour at £120 an hour, I will not be going there, I will drive to Wakefield, it will be chaper, an hour to update, total rip off.
Drive to Barnsley. It's £25 or like I said, free with a service, or was for 2 people I know

21 - 40 of 58 Posts