The Kia Picanto has been voted ‘Most Popular Small Hatchback’ at the 2012 honestjohn.co.uk awards fending off strong competition from both mainstream and premium brands.
The honestjohn.co.uk awards aren’t decided upon by judges or a panel but by the consumers themselves who visit the website. Awards are determined by the number of users who search for a car’s review on the site in the year running up to the awards.
Dan Harrison, Editor of honestjohn.co.uk said: “This award shows that the value-packed Kia Picanto has captured the imagination of our users. Big car features, low running costs and a huge warranty have all contributed to it being the most popular small car on the site over the past 12 months.”
Commenting on the award, Michael Cole, Managing Director, Kia Motors UK Limited said: “We know that honestjohn.co.uk is an important source of information for consumers visiting our showrooms so I’m delighted that Picanto has proved so popular for Honest John to have given us this award.”
“Picanto has proved popular with critics and customers alike since the latest version went on sale last June but awards from customers themselves are the highest accolade” added Cole.
The Honest John website receives around 1.5 million visits per month from consumers seeking advice on buying, selling and running cars. Since it was established in 2000 “Honest John” himself has answered in excess of 625,000 queries from UK motorists.
The Kia Picanto is available in three and five door versions and is priced from £7,795 to £12,295 on the road.
Here is a list of the awards the current Kia Picanto has won to date:
- honestjohn.co.uk Awards 2012 – Most Popular Small Hatchback
- BBC Top Gear Magazine – Bargain Car of the Year 2012
- Parkers New Car Awards 2012 – Best City Car (up to £9k & £9k – £11 k categories)
- What Car? Green Awards 2011 – Best Supermini
- Red Dot Design Awards 2012 – Product Design
- Driving Magazine Car of the Year 2011 – Best Small Car
- Northern Car of the Year 2011
- iF Product Design Award 2011
- Scottish Car of the Year Awards 2011 – Best Small Car