FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Wind deflectors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YoHannes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoHannes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wind deflectors
    Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 4:12pm
Hi,

I'm new to this forum although I've driven Kia cars for ~10 years.
I live in Finland and I've had Cerato HB for 2,5 years and then Kia Ceed SW (1.6 petrol) -07 for 7,5 years.
Now getting a brand new petrol Kia Ceed Sportswagon 1.6 EX DCT tomorrow.

My question is really not that important, but as I didn't get any response on my local forum I thought I'd ask experiences of those wind deflectrors Kia (and 3rd party vendors) offer as accessory for the car.
I have a personal "project" to make my car a bit more silent piece by piece, car inner noice is here a bit bigger issue as Finnish asphalt roads are usually in a bit rougher condition as spiked/studded winter tires wear the road surface quite a lot.

Does anyone have experience on those wind deflectors in new Kia Ceed wagon (model years 2013 ->)?
I do understand it's mainly for allowing to keep front side windows a bit open when raining or if one still nowadays prefers to smoke cigarettes or some may fancy the decorative impact of those, personally I'm only interested if those wind deflectors could bring any practical benefit like reducing wind noice around ear level on side windows.

So, does it? New Kia Ceed is not that bad for wind noice compared to other similar sized cars, but I was still thinking if those wind deflectors could make situation even better?
Then again... If I'm not wrong those wind deflectors are attached inbetween side window/door frame sealing which could actually make it even worse.
Also, any additional resistance outside car frame can cause quite a lot whistling noice on higher speeds which I'm not too interested in.

I'm taking my car to anti-corrosion/rust prevention treatment few days after receiving new car which also decreases a bit car body downside/bottom noice levels.
Additionally thinking of buying several suaremeters of dynamat extreme and spending "quality" time while fixing car interior and applying those noice-dampening sheets.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Br,

Mikko
Sponsored Links

Toxic VR7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toxic VR7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 6:10pm
Found these on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-Deflectors-KIA-CEE-D-II-SW-Estate-5-doors-2012-onwards-4-pc-HEKO-Tinted-/361306033186?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3ACee%27D&hash=item541f848c22
Hope this helps. Mik.
Elvira was a 3Door VR7 1.25 Petrol in Midnight Black Metallic.Gone to a new home now.Juan is her car,it`s a 1.1D Air in Midnight Black Metallic.
YoHannes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoHannes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 7:12pm
Hi,

thanks for the link.
Can anyone tell if they make any noice on motorway speeds (~100-120km/h) and do they have any improvement on front sidewindow sounds that usually come through sidewindow in every car, some with less noice, some with more noice.

Br,

Mikko
rizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 7:23pm
Hi Mikko, and welcome to the forums.
Have seen some comments on these, from another forum, and seems 50/50 as to noise. Some say car is quieter, but others say they create turbulence, and so more noise!! Hopefully some of our members will be along, and give you their experience of using them.
grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 9:00pm
The deflectors on my 2008 Rio crdi allow you to drop the window a few inches to stop rain and wind blowing in. They do not stop wind noise on the motorway so I wind the windows up when driving at speed. The deflectors are not big enough to make much difference and on most cars they are cosmetic. I fitted the largest I could find but they still don't deflect a great deal which is a shame because I like to drive with the window down
plonker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 10:54pm
I have wind reflectors on my rio, I don't notice any difference in noise level.
sportage 2 gdi 62 plate
2014 Rio 3 diesel
grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 11:06pm
As I said they are only good for leaving the window down a couple of inches in bad weather. No noise reduction. Mainly cosmetic in their present small size. Old cars used to be fitted with much larger ones and did a practical job. I wouldn't bother fitting them again
RH51TAY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RH51TAY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 3:35pm
Has anyone got any pictures of deflectors on there pro Ceed?
14' Fusion White GT Tech.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:52pm
Wind deflectors on my ceed GTline
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic