FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Will you buy new diesel car now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Will you buy new diesel car now?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [48.84%]
21 [48.84%]
1 [2.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
baldrick69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldrick69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:47pm
We have diesel Sportage for towing as it is currently the only viable option.

When my diesel Ceed finally gives up I'll probably make the switch to pure electric.

Hybrid has always looked like a stepping stone to me.  I'd be more than happy to step over it.
2012 Ceed SW3
2012 Sportage AWD
Sponsored Links

KIA Sportage 2 2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KIA Sportage 2 2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Signman Signman wrote:

A petrol hybrid Sportage looks to be on its way and will be my future choice as diesel is so out of favour politically.

Most politicians I`ve heard of are out of favour so why trust them..it was them who encouraged everyone to buy diesels from the start, now they are ill informing us yet again in that they have had their day and are defunct
I will stay with diesels as long as possible...and by 2040 when the politicians say diesels will have had their day i probably won`t be around anyway, if i am then i`ll be too old to care....
KIA Sportage 2 1.7 CRDi ISG 4th Generation in Arctic White

Kind Regards
RAY

Lancpudn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancpudn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:04pm
I've never owned a diesel car in over 45 years of drivingShocked, I did consider one before I decided on petrol hybrid/BEV was the way to go and the best option for me.
I never really did the mileage to warrant having a diesel car and with it becoming public enemy number one in the press and the DPF / Re-Gen troubles if you're doing low mileages I think I've made the right choice.
TheDaveShow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaveShow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:06pm
I drive a diesel, because 25k-30k miles a year.... however, I personally like the potential of electric cars. battery's are only going to better with some electric cars able to do 600miles a charge already. 
Lancpudn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancpudn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 9:21pm
Are VW trying to kill off diesel altogether? First they were caught cheating on emissions in the dieselgate debacle that cost them billions now we have 'Monkeygate'!

VW have put 10 monkeys in a gas tight chamber to see how they react to diesel emission toxicity, Really!!!! You would have thought that the history with German & gas chambers that they would be a bit more sensitive to say the least.
I dare say diesel will be even more pilloried in the press nowAngry  https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1721410
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 7:40pm
With bmw ending diesels now mot rules even stricter with dog checks etc no way the modern diesel to meet emissions has so many expensive issues that its not worry it now if you're dpf fitted car blows any smoke out the tail pipe you fail you're mot if the dpf is missing as they can physically check now you fail if the emissions are too high you fail the new rules the e.u and governments have ended the diesel the final nail just needs to be hammered in
erimus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:26pm
Diesel for me as a caravanner.

geoff
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Diesel for me as a caravanner.

Ditto for me, minus the caravan.  I shall choose diesel for as long as cars fuelled that way remain viable in terms of taxation, duty and arbitary city-centre levies allegedly to deter polluting vehicles from inner city areas.
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
TerryB58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TerryB58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 6:18am
No, but I cannot cast a vote as there is no option for - 

No - Electric vehicles are the way forward

Wink Big smile

Tesla Model S 75D
Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 7:17am
Indeed - I've decided to keep my current diesel and run this one 'into the ground' or until they offer those £5k scrap deals on a new vehicle.
 My depreciation curve will be a gentle gradient then at worst - or even a ski slope if I did secure a scrap exchange deal and got double or more than the car would be worth.
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 40k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic