FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Will you buy new diesel car now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Will you buy new diesel car now?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [45.45%]
17 [51.52%]
1 [3.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
baldrick69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldrick69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:47pm
We have diesel Sportage for towing as it is currently the only viable option.

When my diesel Ceed finally gives up I'll probably make the switch to pure electric.

Hybrid has always looked like a stepping stone to me.  I'd be more than happy to step over it.
2012 Ceed SW3
2012 Sportage AWD
Sponsored Links

KIA Sportage 2 2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KIA Sportage 2 2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Signman Signman wrote:

A petrol hybrid Sportage looks to be on its way and will be my future choice as diesel is so out of favour politically.

Most politicians I`ve heard of are out of favour so why trust them..it was them who encouraged everyone to buy diesels from the start, now they are ill informing us yet again in that they have had their day and are defunct
I will stay with diesels as long as possible...and by 2040 when the politicians say diesels will have had their day i probably won`t be around anyway, if i am then i`ll be too old to care....

KIA Sportage 2 1.7 CRDi ISG 4th Generation in Arctic White

Kind Regards
RAY

Lancpudn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancpudn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:04pm
I've never owned a diesel car in over 45 years of drivingShocked, I did consider one before I decided on petrol hybrid/BEV was the way to go and the best option for me.
I never really did the mileage to warrant having a diesel car and with it becoming public enemy number one in the press and the DPF / Re-Gen troubles if you're doing low mileages I think I've made the right choice.
TheDaveShow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaveShow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:06pm
I drive a diesel, because 25k-30k miles a year.... however, I personally like the potential of electric cars. battery's are only going to better with some electric cars able to do 600miles a charge already. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic