New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why does my 1.6 gdi 2011 Sporty sound like a Diese
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Why does my 1.6 gdi 2011 Sporty sound like a Diese

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nightstalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does my 1.6 gdi 2011 Sporty sound like a Diese
    Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 7:52am
Hi all,

now that I have lived with my Sporty for a week n a bit I am realising things I didnt notice on the testdrive Confused.

My Sporty is 7 years old and has around 90k on the clock.

I was wondering if any other guys here have this ticking sound when the car is idling?  Mines so loud that it almost sounds like I'm driving a diesel powered car and not a petrol one Shocked.

Anyone know if this is normal?

Here in Germany if anything is wrong with the car, (other than your normal wear and tear like clutch, breaks...) in the first 6 months, the dealership need to repair/replace the faulty item...
I already had the clutch replaced as on the testdrive it seemed very hard to depress the pedal... its great now...but this sound is making me think that perhaps sommet aint right with the engine...and if thats the case I would take it back for them to look at and repair...

Any infos much appreciated.

Thanks
Wink
Sponsored Links

Techno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 2:17pm
If it goes away when you rev the engine it is probably the hydraulic tappets (lifters). They may be worn or sticking. Low oil pressure can also make them noisy. Is there enough oil in it?

Edited by Techno - 14 Jun 2018 at 2:19pm
Techno Orange Sportage 1.7 diesel. 2011-2017 Gone now.
monkeygibber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeygibber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:27pm
I've the Cee'D 1.6 GDI which has less miles on the engine but I've found the oil level really makes a difference to the engine sound. I guess we need to remember it's a direct injection engine so will be a louder combined with a chain cam rather than a belt.

However mine's nearly silent in the car at tick over but at 5000rpm and above under acceleration can sound rough.

Edited by monkeygibber - 14 Jun 2018 at 3:28pm
Ceed 3 2015 1.6 petrol 133bhp planet blue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic