FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Wheel Trims for Model 2 - dealer only?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CodeMonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CodeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wheel Trims for Model 2 - dealer only?
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:10pm
Stupidly I managed to catch the edge of my passenger side front wheel trim on a kerb on Friday. The result is a slightly chewed looking trim edge. I'd assumed that pricing would be fairly reasonable so planned to order a replacement.

Having spoken to  my local dealer's parts department this morning I think I'll leave it as is - cost is £78 + VAT to supply one. At least it will match the mild paint scratches I acquired a few weeks ago on the passenger side wing after being forced into a hedge by an speeding oncoming vehicle. The perils of my daily commute..

Has anyone found an alternative parts supplier who might carry the trims at a slightly less frightening price?

Sponsored Links

AlanHo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 12:26pm
I had a google and did not find anyone selling just the trim. You can buy a 16"wheel with the trim for about £140 though. Seems Odd.

https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/shop/view/g5f40ak000-kia-niro-alloy-wheel-16/

Niro 2 With ADAP
CodeMonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CodeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:57am
Originally posted by AlanHo AlanHo wrote:

I had a google and did not find anyone selling just the trim. You can buy a 16"wheel with the trim for about £140 though. Seems Odd.

https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/shop/view/g5f40ak000-kia-niro-alloy-wheel-16/

Thanks Alan - yes I spotted that myself. I think I'll hang on and reconsider before my 3 year PCP deal ends unless the price drops significantly.
I'd viewed the plastic trim approach as quite reasonable on the assumption that pricing would be roughly equivalent to an alloy repair (~£50) with the added benefit that the replacing the trim would result in a "new" rather than "repaired" look. Wasn't expecting the price to be so high quite frankly.
h2onorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h2onorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:35pm
Hi all. At the time I obtained my car I did enquire cost of plastic wheel trims and was told about £10 plus vat each which seemed reasonable. Cannot understand how this is now so much higher unless my source was thinking about another vehicle! I bet the cost to Kia is about 50 pence Ha! Is this UK ripoff policy
h2onorth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic