FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Wheel nut/lug size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wheel nut/lug size
    Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:20pm
My unlock nut for my locking nuts is damaged. I've managed to get the locking ones off (after some effort!) and I'm planning on putting standard nuts on. I can see they're M12 x 1.5mm but unsure of the length. Anyone able to advice?

Sponsored Links

dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:09am
You also need to check that the taper is correct for the wheels. Get that wrong and there's a risk that the wheel nuts will loosen.
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:17am
I'm rarely an advocate of spending money at dealers when cheaper online stuff is available.

In this case, I'd buy them from your dealer. They aren't expensive and you have the reassurance that they are correct size/taper/material etc.
You might regret those cheap Chinese (?) versions one day!
charco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:12pm
German...

I've ordered a different set. It's only to get it down to Kia for it's MOT next week so I'll get a set when I'm down there. The taper is correct according to Kia.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic