FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Venga 3 Sat Nav

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
rpaco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Lancelot1937 Lancelot1937 wrote:

Amazing with the millions of dollars that manufacturers put into research/development etc that they can't get a simple Sat-Nav right compared to someone like TomTom who are a fraction of their size, but leaders in their field.  Why not just go to TomTom, give them a handful of money and fit their system. KIA are not alone, I've noticed in several othe makes where the Sat-Nav is rubbish.

On the newer models the satnav uses the TomTom network to add speed cameras via your wi-fi connection.

1998 Xantia 1.9TD >> 2012 (62) Cee'd 4tech 1.6 GDI Petrol >
> 14 Venga 3 Satnav 1.6 CRDI >> 2017 (66) Venga 4 auto 6.
Sponsored Links

LittleDuceCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleDuceCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 1:47pm
As others have said, the DAY setting is very bright and distracting at night. To get around this I set the display to "Split Screen". That way you have the bright map on the left half and a dark display on the right side with the next direction view and speed limit.
Hope that helps as I also do not like the display going to night view when you just want the sidelights on.
Big smile
Best Regards from:
Dave
2013 VENGA 3 SatNav 1.6 Crdi EcoDynamics
xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 10:21pm
Don't think Tom Tom is any better, it's only last year that it used a direct route that has been there on a road that was built 20yr ago where we live.
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
La Fargeotte View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote La Fargeotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 5:00pm
Slightly off topic - Venga 4 SatNav.

Sometimes a mauve/purple line appears alongside some roads, and at other times for the same road it does not appear. I cannot seem to find out what it signifies.
Any ideas?

Edited by La Fargeotte - 01 Feb 2017 at 5:01pm
www.gitededordogne.com
Venga Urban Chic 1.6 Diesel ISG in France
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 5:05pm
They ran out of yellow?
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
rpaco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by La Fargeotte La Fargeotte wrote:

Slightly off topic - Venga 4 SatNav.

Sometimes a mauve/purple line appears alongside some roads, and at other times for the same road it does not appear. I cannot seem to find out what it signifies.
Any ideas?

Traffic density or slow moving. But I cannot remember which colour is which, you will have to look in the book.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote La Fargeotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:36am
Thanks for that. My book is in French and I cannot seem to find it!!!!!!
www.gitededordogne.com
rpaco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by La Fargeotte La Fargeotte wrote:

Thanks for that. My book is in French and I cannot seem to find it!!!!!!

Well your name is French and your location is France so I guess you speak it.  Sorry I do not have my old book any more it went back when I px'd the car. Someone else must have one though.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote La Fargeotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 4:53pm
Yes, I am in France. I have a copy of an 2015 English Sat Nav manual but cannot find it there either.

If anyone has a recent copy I would be grateful.
www.gitededordogne.com
Chrispy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrispy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 5:07pm
There is a link somewhere for a PDF download but I can't find it.
Remember: The sunroof cannot tilt when it is in the
slide position but can be slid whilst in a
tilt position. Manual 4:29

Venga 3 Sat Nav Infra Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic