FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Venga 3 Sat Nav

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
klyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Venga 3 Sat Nav
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 8:05pm
I am being a bit lazy here but car manual in the car me indoors and its wet outside!!! Is there an easy way to prevent the sat nav from going into night colours as the light changes. Ideally I would like to keep it on daylight colours all the time?

Thanks

David
1.6 Venga 3 Auto in Planet Blue Metalic
Sponsored Links

xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:37pm
You will wish the night brightness was darker.
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
Chrispy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrispy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:07am
Originally posted by klyne klyne wrote:

I am being a bit lazy here but car manual in the car me indoors and its wet outside!!! Is there an easy way to prevent the sat nav from going into night colours as the light changes. Ideally I would like to keep it on daylight colours all the time?

Set up - Display - Map Mode. Then you have a choice Auto, Day, Night.
But I'm afraid you have to go to the car to do it. Wink
2nd class owner. Unable register

Venga 3 Sat Nav Infra Red
AlanHo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:03am
I think you may find the screen far too bright at night when on day setting - I tried it but it was distracting.
Venga 3 1.6 petrol 6 speed auto Oct 2015
Chrispy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrispy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by AlanHo AlanHo wrote:

I think you may find the screen far too bright at night when on day setting - I tried it but it was distracting.

You can adjust the brightness
2nd class owner. Unable register

Venga 3 Sat Nav Infra Red
klyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:54pm
Thanks guys I will have a look at it. I always run my stand alone TomTom in daylight colours regardless of time of day so hopefully it should be OK. Don't do a massive amount of driving in the dark.

David
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:50pm
How good is the Sat-Nav on the new Venga?  Can you put in full Post Codes (6 digits)

I ordered a Venga 3 1.6 petrol Auto today for the new 17 Reg.
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2014
slot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:40am
Hi I have the Venga 3 sat nav. Its not as good as a Tomtom unit in my opinion.
If you miss a turning it remaps a route which can be a long way off rather than telling you to turn around when possible.
Some post codes do not register for example
TA2 8BE
I can put in the TA2 but the rest of the numbers are greyed out so its not possible to put in the 8 etc

This has happened on other post codes as well?

Venga 3 Sat-Nav 1.6 Auto
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:53am
Amazing with the millions of dollars that manufacturers put into research/development etc that they can't get a simple Sat-Nav right compared to someone like TomTom who are a fraction of their size, but leaders in their field.  Why not just go to TomTom, give them a handful of money and fit their system. KIA are not alone, I've noticed in several othe makes where the Sat-Nav is rubbish.

Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2014
klyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:44pm
I had a look at the setting today and found how to leave it on day light colours, so thanks for that.

As to how good it is as a sat nav I probably have not used it enough to give  a good enough answer to that. I have been on two recent trips where I used navigation, once to London and the other day to Bedford. I like the idea that it gives you a choice of routes which is a handy feature. Perhaps more useful if you have a general understanding of the area you are using it in. When I went to London we had a meal at a pub and then made our way to our sons house about 10 miles away. I set the info in the device but was also following him and I was surprised how well it recalculated the route as we went along. So far then pretty impressed.

David
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic