FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Venga 3 or 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
wazza2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wazza2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:57pm
If its a clear or free flowing traffic then I use the CC. If the road is busy and not running smoothly and speed camera are visible then speed limiter.
Sponsored Links

ItsOnlyMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsOnlyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Lancelot1937 Lancelot1937 wrote:

Does anyone ever use the Speed Limiter?  I simply set the Cruise Control and let it take care of things.  Probably 90% of my driving is by using the C.C.  Our road has a 20mph limit, I even use it there.

Never use the Cruise Control, traffic speed around here too inconsistent I'd forever be adjusting it, but occasionally use speed limiter for average speed cameras.

Edited by ItsOnlyMe - 13 Jan 2018 at 10:40am
2016 1.6 CRDi Cee'd 3
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:19am
But you must be forever adjusting the throttle pedal.  I simple go up or down on the C.C using my thumb.

Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
ItsOnlyMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsOnlyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:57am

But you must be forever adjusting the throttle pedal.  I simple go up or down on the C.C using my thumb.

Yes but the thumb control is not instant it changes the speed in increments, unlike the pedal which is progressive.
It's much more natural to use a pedal, that's how I learned to drive, hand throttles went out of fashion years ago.
2016 1.6 CRDi Cee'd 3
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:18am

Does anyone ever use the Speed Limiter?  I simply set the Cruise Control and let it take care of things.  Probably 90% of my driving is by using the C.C.  Our road has a 20mph limit, I even use it there.

In 2005, I began using Cruise Control for more occasions than just on long straight roads.  Each car I have owned since has been similarly equipped and the current one has the autonomous version which is even more useful.

Like you, I use it every time I drive the car and it's surprising how adept one becomes at using it.  The 5 mph incremental step, up or down, is great but there are times when I switch it off, for example in a queue of stop-start traffic.  Mine is automatic and the DCT dry clutches don't like creep so I try to allow a gap big enough to allow the clutches to engage fully each time.

Edited by Indalo - 14 Jan 2018 at 11:48am
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic