FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Tyres - what's everyone running?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Gary0679 Gary0679 wrote:

I'm not knocking the Avon's, they are a more than capable tyre that is safe and reliable for everyday motoring. This is reflected in the favourable independent reviews that I posted a link to earlier.
 I'm talking about that 1% of the time when you GT drivers really stretch the cars legs. Those few times a year when you're absolutely on the limit of what the tyre can give you... This is usually where the extra £50 a corner is found.

Money is no real indication though.
Michelin pilots for my Alpina D3 (265/30/19) were well over £200 a pop.
Falkens were £128 a pop and gave better grip, especially in the wet.
Sponsored Links

Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by bowfer bowfer wrote:

Money is no real indication though.
Michelin pilots for my Alpina D3 (265/30/19) were well over £200 a pop.
Falkens were £128 a pop and gave better grip, especially in the wet.

There are exceptions to the rule. Falken and Hankook spring to mind as manufacturers of excellent tyres (although Hankook's aren't that cheap any more.)
 However in general the rule still holds true and you get what you pay for.
 Looking at objective, measurable data from the tyre tests, and I'm talking controlled scientific data. ALL of the tests have the premium brands with their tens of millions of dollars and thousands of man hours invested in R&D at the top of the performance charts. The mid range, mid priced tyres in the middle and the cheap no name Chinese death rings at the bottom.
 Subjective testing, measuring how a tyre feels and performs in someone's opinion... That's a whole different can of worms! Confused
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
iantho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iantho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:27pm
I've been running PS4s at the front for almost a year - very happy with them, noticeably better than the PS3s they replaced, will buy them again when the rears need replacing. They're not cheap though! Tongue
2014 Kia Cee'd GT TECH Phantom Black
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic