FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Tyres - what's everyone running?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:42pm
Why avons......there are far better brands for less money verdestian being one of those brands then you have the Goodyear efficient grip performance b rating for fuel a rating for wet weather and only 68db for around £66 each fitted most avons are e for economy b or c for wet weather and around 70-72db or dunlop sport blue response
Sponsored Links

Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Caver Caver wrote:

Anyone tried Avon ZV7's ? £79 fitted.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Avon/ZV7.htm

They seem fairly well reviewed but are described as a "premium touring tyre" as opposed to being a full blooded sports tyre. Probably very capable, however with your car being a GT I fear that you'd lose some of it's handling performance when putting the GT through it's paces.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Rogpic3 Rogpic3 wrote:

Personally when they go below 2.5 I don’t think they can do the job they are supposed to do. The more tread there is means stopping distances are less, These tests have been done and proven. Whatever Michelin are now saying I think the minimum tread depth should be no less than 2mm. I feel safer with tyre tread under me and when they are down to the stops on 1.6mm in the pouring rain I don’t want that person behind me.

I'm still wary about Michelin's claims too, but they seem fairly adamant that they have got this right. I'd like to see the results of some real world testing before I'm convinced though.
GT1994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:45pm
PS4's. Great tyre.
Oliver
Red pro_cee'd GT Tech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxOpxYdc2I
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:08am
Last change was PS3's.

Would now go for PS4's.

Tim
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:05am
Falken fk 510 Azenis is what I will be getting. Rears are down more than fronts as I swopped them around. I want to get all four together. Just find Michelin very noisy and not impressed with wear at 8000 miles.
Proceed gt facelift
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:11am
Originally posted by artscot79 artscot79 wrote:

Why avons......there are far better brands 

Why do you think Avon are an inferior brand?
They're developed and made here, they're a highly respected name in bike and car sport here.
The only thing they don't do is spend a fortune on advertising and brand awareness like others do.
Which keeps their costs down.....
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Gary0679 Gary0679 wrote:

Originally posted by Caver Caver wrote:

Anyone tried Avon ZV7's ? £79 fitted.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Avon/ZV7.htm

They seem fairly well reviewed but are described as a "premium touring tyre" as opposed to being a full blooded sports tyre. Probably very capable, however with your car being a GT I fear that you'd lose some of it's handling performance when putting the GT through it's paces.

Can't see you having any grip issues, it's not a sports car.
I had the ZV5 on my Mini Cooper, they were great.
Good grip and a nice progressive feel to them when they did start to slide.
Caver View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:09pm
Some interesting comments, price will defiantly involved, money's a bit tight at the moment.
Scott

Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by bowfer bowfer wrote:

Can't see you having any grip issues, it's not a sports car.
I had the ZV5 on my Mini Cooper, they were great.
Good grip and a nice progressive feel to them when they did start to slide.

I'm not knocking the Avon's, they are a more than capable tyre that is safe and reliable for everyday motoring. This is reflected in the favourable independent reviews that I posted a link to earlier.
 I'm talking about that 1% of the time when you GT drivers really stretch the cars legs. Those few times a year when you're absolutely on the limit of what the tyre can give you... This is usually where the extra £50 a corner is found.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic