FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Turning car off via stop/start button - radio on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daveyboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turning car off via stop/start button - radio on
    Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 3:20pm
Hi all.

Just recently got the cee'd gt line.

When you turn off the engine via the button, the engine switches off but radio/sat nav unit stays on. It switches off once you open door.

Is there anyway to get it all to switch off at same time as engine switching off?
Sponsored Links

TerryB58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryB58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 3:29pm
No, it is a PITA like it is though, you then get a warning to switch off or your battery will go flat.

Tongue
Tesla Model S 75D
iooi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iooi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 3:47pm
Op does not say what year. 

I would say that kia now work them all the same and they switch off after a while (few mins) if you are still sat in the car, to save battery.....
Now that is a PIA, as you can't turn it back on again....

Used to work on car's with radio on for hours with no issues.... Still I suppose the sat nav etc and real battery drains. 
& 16 Picanto @ 48.7 mpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:36pm
Apologies. It's a 2017 model.

Ah ok so although you can't switch it off along with engine, it will automatically shut off after a few mins if door was not opened?
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:25pm
It's exactly the same as my Hyundai i30. All I do is turn the ignition on and off again to keep it going.

I can understand why they do this - the radio drains a surprising amount of juice from the battery and you certainly don't want that to go flat on you! Basically, it is reminding you.....
"The Boss" has a 13-plate Picanto and I have a 17-plate 1.0 ltr Hyundai i30 Se Nav new generation with all the options(and very nice it is too.....)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by dave1978 dave1978 wrote:

It's exactly the same as my Hyundai i30. All I do is turn the ignition on and off again to keep it going.

I can understand why they do this - the radio drains a surprising amount of juice from the battery and you certainly don't want that to go flat on you! Basically, it is reminding you.....

So do you mean it will shut off automatically if door is not opened?
How long does it take for unit to switch off after engine is switched off?
IanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:52am
It's the same on the new Rio. If you don't open the door the radio will go off after about five minutes.
2017 Rio 2 1.4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by IanB IanB wrote:

It's the same on the new Rio. If you don't open the door the radio will go off after about five minutes.

Ah ok so will shut it all off then and won't allow the car battery to go flat.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic