FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Turbo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
ItsOnlyMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsOnlyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:21am
Also strange is that they no longer list the GT_line S on their price list. I wonder if this has been dropped in anticipation of the turbo model.

Dilus I see that the Special Edition (118 bhp) Rio that you have is no longer listed either.

Edited by ItsOnlyMe - 04 Jul 2018 at 10:36am
2016 1.6 CRDi Cee'd 3
Sponsored Links

Carl05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 7:38am
My information came from a main dealer the day after a national sails meeting with Kia uk, go figure
I'm coming to Kia from Fiat, not because of the car but because of the dealers customer service. I'll have a new car before my panda reaches 4 years old and needs another service/mot.
If Kia can't get there act together I'll start looking elsewhere
dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by ItsOnlyMe ItsOnlyMe wrote:

Dilus I see that the Special Edition (118 bhp) Rio that you have is no longer listed either.

Glad I got one when I did then, cracking car. Fully loaded, plenty of room and great performance from the 3 pot turbo 🏎😀👍
Yes just looked myself, top spec now is 3. The “First Edition” had a few more goodies over and above the 3. With a bit of luck it might be sought after in a couple of years and hold its value a bit better. Might be having a Stonic then (wife’s choice) or a Stinger (my choice) 😀

Edited by dilus - 05 Jul 2018 at 5:57pm
a dog is for life, so DON'T marry one !
neilwhitedesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilwhitedesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:23am
I was in two minds whether to post the following message, but having slept on it, I hope it may prove a worthwhile lesson for others out there.

I had my first experience of a Kia dealership last evening, with the intention of negotiating a deal on a Picanto GT-Line S Turbo, but I have to say I wasn't impressed with the experience at all.
The car itself was fine, but it was the whole sales experience that left a bad taste in the mouth.

After being complimented on how well I looked after my current car, was given a derisory part exchange offer and was told categorically there was no room for any negotiation upwards on that front.

The sales manager was then called over and he launched into an ill-advised and quite hostile rant belittling the Picanto as though he was inconvenienced by having to sell them.
Calling it a 'loss-leader' (bearing in mind the model I was interested in costs in excess of £15,000), he made us feel like second class citizens because we weren't in the market for something in the showroom they could make a larger profit margin on.

Maybe this is a new left-field sales technique from America, or maybe the sales manager was simply having a bad day, I don't know.
All I can say is that it was an uncomfortable experience and didn't inspire much confidence in the Kia brand if even the dealers can't talk up the product you're looking to buy.

ItsOnlyMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsOnlyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:21am
They are not all like that.
There are 3 Kia dealers within 10 miles of where I live and their sales teams are first class.

If there are other dealers in your area take your custom to them.
Name the dealer so others here know who to avoid.
2016 1.6 CRDi Cee'd 3
Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by neilwhitedesign neilwhitedesign wrote:

I was in two minds whether to post the following message, but having slept on it, I hope it may prove a worthwhile lesson for others out there.

I had my first experience of a Kia dealership last evening, with the intention of negotiating a deal on a Picanto GT-Line S Turbo, but I have to say I wasn't impressed with the experience at all.
The car itself was fine, but it was the whole sales experience that left a bad taste in the mouth.

After being complimented on how well I looked after my current car, was given a derisory part exchange offer and was told categorically there was no room for any negotiation upwards on that front.

The sales manager was then called over and he launched into an ill-advised and quite hostile rant belittling the Picanto as though he was inconvenienced by having to sell them.
Calling it a 'loss-leader' (bearing in mind the model I was interested in costs in excess of £15,000), he made us feel like second class citizens because we weren't in the market for something in the showroom they could make a larger profit margin on.

Maybe this is a new left-field sales technique from America, or maybe the sales manager was simply having a bad day, I don't know.
All I can say is that it was an uncomfortable experience and didn't inspire much confidence in the Kia brand if even the dealers can't talk up the product you're looking to buy.

The sales manager is full of c**p. He will make a tidy profit on any car that he sells. To call it a "loss-leader" is just nonsense!
 Supermarkets do loss leaders - bread, milk etc... they do this because they know they will make the "loss" back on the many other items that they sell to you.
 The average car buyer only buys one car at a time, so a dealership can't afford to make a loss on a single item sale - it'd be financial suicide.
 It sounds to me like the dealer has a lot of cars on his books and is trying to steer you towards one of those rather than having to order you one from the manufacturer. If he's got a lot of money tied up in stock, it's in his interest to shift those first.
 I do believe him when he says there is little room for maneuver on the price though... There never is on new models.
 The manufacturer is VERY reluctant to budge on price until there has been a sustained period of below expected sales. Then, and only then do the prices start falling.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
Kismet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kismet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:03pm

As has been said they definitely aren't all like that. You must name & shame - KIA need to know Wink

Try another dealership (take a look on here for a few recommendations) don't write off getting a car/not choose a brand due to the disgraceful behaviour of one dealership.

If you want a Picanto Turbo go find a dealership that will treat you well when you're buying one - there's plenty out there.

Let us know how you get on.

Dave
dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:52am
I agree, name and shame and leave him with even more stock on his forecourt. I have been dealing with my local KIA dealer in Warwick since 2011, on my fourth KIA and had nothing but exemplary service all the way. Don’t let one dealer put you off a great brand 😉
a dog is for life, so DON'T marry one !
Carl05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 11:05pm

Sorry for your dissapointment but your say your dealer has a gt line s turbo in his showroom ? Why hasn't mine ???
ItsOnlyMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsOnlyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 9:35am
There is no turbo model shown on their website yet either!
2016 1.6 CRDi Cee'd 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic