New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tucsy-Alternative for AndroidAuto-Working on MY16!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Tucsy-Alternative for AndroidAuto-Working on MY16!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Othysseus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Othysseus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:51pm
I don't need it. I just want it desperately!
Sponsored Links

Fuddy Ruck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuddy Ruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:06pm
Lol ! I got warned about invalidating my insurance , warranty and causing cataracts to earthworms just for installing some LED headlights . Wait till those people on my thread find out you can watch Youtube videos (if you would wish to ) while driving , they´ll have a field day LOL 
Othysseus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Othysseus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:22pm
Thanks for mentioning that. You will have your insurance and your warranty invalidated, and you will cause cataracts to wildlife if you install LED headlights.
Marki66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marki66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:14pm
I can't get past this step:

11.) Click X to close window and start application "MyShell", this is to go back to "original KIA interface".

I can close the window but clicking on the MyShell shortcut doesn't do anything for me.  Even going into Windows Start mode and clicking on MyShell doesn't do anything.  I get the moveable arrow from Tusky within Windows but can't get it with the normal Kia display.  So I cannot get out of Windows.

Fortunately switching off and leaving for a couple of minutes causes it to boot into normal Kia mode.
2016 Kia Sportage 2.0 CDRI KX-3
2017 Kia Rio 1.4 CRDI 2
Othysseus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Othysseus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:15pm
Need to click twice, short 1-2 will do.
Marki66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marki66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:16pm
^^^ Tried all that - I'm used to Windows!
2016 Kia Sportage 2.0 CDRI KX-3
2017 Kia Rio 1.4 CRDI 2
Othysseus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Othysseus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:11pm
Wow!! Slow down a bit, maybe Bill Gates is jealous about your windows expertise, no doubt about it Wink. But you are missing something somewhere and that's why you are here, right?
You don't need to wait to restart the unit, you can do that using the little reset button on top of the power button/dial (you'll need a pen or a toothpick).
When you restart the unit you should be able to see the grey arrow. If you do, do carry on with step 13th.
If you don't, carefully review the process and try again. See if you are using your fingers (don't get fizzy) properly.
Be aware that the pics are showing a previous version of the app, the last one has some files (two more) and one of them is an auto-installer.
There is a pic of my own phone showing the files of the last version some posts up. To be fair I didn't get it right the first time, I had to try several times. Have another go mate.
xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:45am
My problem is I get everything working but the taskbar of windows overlays when back to media or radio screens.

K
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
Othysseus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Othysseus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:56am
I read about this in the Italian forum. I would say, check the VIN number of your car, the 10th digit must be "G". If is different the app won't work.
Download the files again and make sure they are not corrupted, reinstall.
PM Atko for help.
xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 7:57am
Will tr that, cheers

K
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic