FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

TPMS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recycleman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recycleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TPMS
    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:22pm
First time of having TPMS, will I need new sensors as I am thinking of changing tyres to crossclimate.
Niro 2
Sponsored Links

iooi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iooi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:47pm
Should not need to.
& 16 Picanto @ 48.7 mpg
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:52am
If you are replacing the tyres only (using the existing wheels) then the TPMS sensors will stay on the wheel.  Provided your tyre fitter does not damage the sensors (any good fitter will have experience of TPMS fitted wheels) then all is good.
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
Oldsalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldsalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:15pm
I recently had a puncture repaired and told the tyre fitter on arrival that the car has TPMS. Tyre was removed, repaired, replaced and TPMS is intact and working as normal.

David
MY17 Kia Carens 4 1.7 CRDi 7 Speed DCT - Bright Silver

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
dillon89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:43pm
I had mine changed to cross climate in the autumn and the seniors work perfectly well.
dillon89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:44pm
Of corse seniors should read 'sensors".
niroal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niroal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:28pm
I have Cross Climates & have new valves inserts, but still the original sensors
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite Grey
h2onorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h2onorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:25pm
Hi Guys.
My question is regarding winter tyres on additional steel rims.
I need to buy TPMS valves to fit to the new rims which will talk to the cars TP receiver.
Does anyone have experience of fitting additional Valves and is so what rim tpms valves did they buy.
No doubt KIA valves are expensive , I was thinking of AUTEL options
h2onorth
Filmco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Filmco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:55am
I got 4 genuine Kia tpm valves and caps for £220. From the Kia dealer that has an add on these pages. No setting up required as they do it themselves after a few miles.
FE Blue.
h2onorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h2onorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:19am
Hi Filmco.
Thanks for that info
h2onorth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic