FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

timing chain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rule007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rule007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: timing chain
    Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:54pm
Hello

I have I Kia Ceed 2007 diesel 125000, broke down while driving, last service was done 3 months ago, call AA for recovery he told the timing chain failed but also there is no compression on the engine and valve could be damaged.
Anyone with any advice? How much could all this cost me?

Thanks for any help....much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:07pm
The only way you can get a cost is when engine is stripped down to find the extent of damage done.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
smellmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smellmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 5:15pm
Either way it sounds expensive.
Previous: 58 Kia Pro Cee'd 3 04 Saab 93 2.2 TiD Arc, 02 Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive, 51 BMW 320td, 52 Vectra 3.2 V6 GSi, 99 Honda Civic 1.8 VTi, 95 Nissan Primera 2.0 LX, 89/86 Nissan Bluebird 1.6 LX
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:50pm
I've heard of this on the mk1 ceed due to either poor servicing or the oil pick up getting blocked or gunged up and then starving the chain of oil my mate done one not long ago and had to go to Kia for the parts which wasn't cheap by the time you add in chain chain guides tensioner bolts head gasket rocker cover gasket pistons rings etc however he was told that as it was the oil pick up and the car had a full service history Kia should have fixed it so its worth a try
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic