FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Time to change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gazcaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazcaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time to change
    Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:52pm
Hi All,

Not been on the forum for awhile,but now thinking of changing to a venga diesel, preferably the 1.4.
So I would like to ask the diesel owners is the 1.4 good enough for mainly town & open roads, with very little motorway mileage or will it have to be the 1.6, I am not a racer as I am coming from a 1.6 auto petrol & getting from A-B is my main aim.
On the 1.4 how do you rate its reliability.

Cheers

Gazcaz.
Sponsored Links

wazza2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wazza2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 7:37pm
Am I correct in assuming you have the 1.6 auto venga? How do you rate it? Heavy on fuel?
mranon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mranon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 7:58pm
i had a 2016 1.6 auto on loan whilst my 1.4 crdi was in for rectification work. this was the facelift so I preferred heater controls on it, but other than that think they changed it to a full 6 speed auto. I found it a bit heavy on fuel, but think if I had it for some time could adapt to it. it certainly was better towards handing it back. why kia didn't do the auto with diesel like in soul etc I don't know. the venga is ideal motability fodder, but others don't either.

anyway, yes its heavy on juice, but lovely to drive, and people underestimate how quick it can be. I have the 1.4 crdi. hopefully it behaves on its roadtrip of at least 600 miles in next 2 weeks. I think serviced and set up correctly, the 1.4 is adaequate enough. I wouldn't touch it in 75 bhp form though. get the 90. however if I had known there was a 1.6, I might have been tempted to hold out but mine was a good deal tbf. however, if I drive wife's c3 Picasso 1.6 hdi with 90bhp, and specs not far away from the venga, it is like the preverbial dung off a shovel, but I feel the vengas gearing may have something to do with it.
Gazcaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazcaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:39pm
Hi wazza2004,

No I have the ix20 auto, it was the first time away from kia, its the 4 speed one, I get around 36 mpg, this is calculated with brim to brim filling.
Before this I had 2009 sportage with 2L diesel.

Gazcaz
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 9:50pm
My petrol Venga 3 with the 6 speed auto-box has averaged 36.7 mpg over that last 2,300 miles.
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:01am
Thats poor, my 6sp auto has averaged 46.3 over 18,000.

K

Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 9:16am
But xhead, is it petrol?  I've never reached 41mpg, but apart from holidays, it's all local running.

Edited by Lancelot1937 - 16 Jul 2017 at 9:17am
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
stui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:01pm
I have had my 1.4 Venga diesel for four and a half years and it has been great apart from needing a couple of updates it has been faultless, i am getting about 58mpg thats mostly country driving i have also got Goodyear tyres on it which greatly improved the handling and the mpg on it.

stuart
2012 venga 1 1.4crdi
xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:17pm
Since when has an autobox venga been fitted with a diesel.

K
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
mranon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mranon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 9:20pm
Read post correctly. I said why Kia didn't do an auto with diesel in like the soul etci don't know. The auto they lent me was the facelift newer 6 speed fully auto
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic