FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Third in a 3-horse race??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:00pm
Once again, a Stinger model, this time the lower-powered petrol option, has come third in a three-horse race.

After reading the purchase price and associated real-world costs, I can understand why it's not the bargain some might imagine it to be.  However, while I can see that the Jag has a great, low-cost servicing package, I don't really understand the huge difference in insurance premiums quoted in the stats.

Perhaps it's just those nasty journos at AE again but there are no German brands in this test.
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
Sponsored Links

GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:05am
As always you are the only person who can decide if a car is right for you!

I bought my previous Kia P_C GT based strongly on its motoring press reviews and never regretted my choice in the 4 years I had the car. 
Again it was not the top-of-the-range model but I never missed not having xenon's or smart locking!

It's the same with the Stinger. 
Yes, it's another £3500 for a sunroof and a few more bells and whistles.
But I wanted all my tyres the same and the performance is good for my use.
I just hope my centrifugal pendulum absorber torque converter holds up! Confused

Edited by GTOldie - 12 Jul 2018 at 7:12am
Tim
'18 Stinger 2L GT-Line S Ceramic Grey and red
'14 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Indalo Indalo wrote:

Once again, a Stinger model, this time the lower-powered petrol option, has come third in a three-horse race.

After reading the purchase price and associated real-world costs, I can understand why it's not the bargain some might imagine it to be.  However, while I can see that the Jag has a great, low-cost servicing package, I don't really understand the huge difference in insurance premiums quoted in the stats.

Perhaps it's just those nasty journos at AE again but there are no German brands in this test.

If you read the article, then scroll down to the comments, none of the commenters agree with anything the magazine says, so I pay NO heed to these results, as GTOldie says it's your pick - I for one Love my Stinger Big smile

Phil
2018 3.3 V6 TwinTurbo GT-S Stinger Ceramic Grey
2016 Sportage GT-Line 1.6 T-GDI DCT AWD Dark Gun Metal Metallic   
2013 Kia Pro-Cee'd GT TECH Black (Written Off)
2011 Kia Soul Tempest
rizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by GTOldie GTOldie wrote:

As always you are the only person who can decide if a car is right for you!

I bought my previous Kia P_C GT based strongly on its motoring press reviews and never regretted my choice in the 4 years I had the car. 
Again it was not the top-of-the-range model but I never missed not having xenon's or smart locking!

It's the same with the Stinger. 
Yes, it's another £3500 for a sunroof and a few more bells and whistles.
But I wanted all my tyres the same and the performance is good for my use.
I just hope my centrifugal pendulum absorber torque converter holds up! Confused

You won’t have any problem with that, it’s your flux capacitor that will give out first 😂
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate.
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by rizmo rizmo wrote:

Originally posted by GTOldie GTOldie wrote:

You won’t have any problem with that, it’s your flux capacitor that will give out first 😂

Think only DeLorean's were fitted with those! LOLLOL
Tim
'18 Stinger 2L GT-Line S Ceramic Grey and red
'14 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT
rizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:56pm
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic