FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Things have Started!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things have Started!
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:14pm
Full specs and prices are here:

Some new stuff:

Tyre Mobility Kit! I for one will be asking for a space saver tyre!
6 month service (as Phil found) for petrol - diesel 12 months.
Twin exhausts on diesel, quad on petrol.
Premium Paint £645 extra!
The prices of 2nd October included VED so GT comes in at < £40k on retail/list.
£3500 premium for GT-line S - but now Sunroof added to Wireless Mobile Charging/360° Monitor/Blind Spot & Cross Traffic/Ventilated Front Seats/Outer Rear Heated/Powered Tailgate/15-speaker HK system/LED Headlights.

Edited by GTOldie - 13 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
Tim
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
Sponsored Links

benanderson89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benanderson89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:21pm
So does this mean, sans tax, it renders the all-singing and all-dancing GTS into the lower tax band of £140?

If that's the case I'll certainly be trading my Optima up for one in 18 to 24 months time.
2017 Kia Optima '3'
2016 Ford Mustang GT
2014 Kia Pro_Cee'd GT
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 1:56pm
My understanding is that the £40,000 premium tax point is based on the manufacturers list price.
If you take the VED off the figure given this still allows for a premium paint finish without breaking that figure!
But best to look at the DVLA website which should go into more detail.

(Think the List Price figure is to stop arguments over discounts and so on - which dealers would be unhappy to disclose publicly in any case!)

You may have to be careful over free accessories if you are close to the £40,000 figure as these may affect the DVLA's concept of List Price for the car plus accessories!

Edited by GTOldie - 14 Nov 2017 at 2:02pm
Tim
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
Kismet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kismet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:30pm
Cool looking motor.

I glanced at a road test the other day & the Stinger gave a Jaguar a run for it's money Shocked.

It's time KIA stopped with that tyre mobility kit junk & just fitted a spare wheel - (even a spacesaver) in all cars !

Edited by Kismet - 14 Nov 2017 at 4:31pm
Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:21am
I like the yellow paint is included as standard......why pay £645 for the other dull colours in a car that presumably you buy because you want to be 'noticed'?
At least the standard colour for this is not that awful brown offered on other Kia models...eg Optima SW GT Line S (which oddly enough is about the same money as the petrol GT Line Stinger?????)
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 31k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benanderson89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Signman Signman wrote:

I like the yellow paint is included as standard......why pay £645 for the other dull colours in a car that presumably you buy because you want to be 'noticed'?
At least the standard colour for this is not that awful brown offered on other Kia models...eg Optima SW GT Line S (which oddly enough is about the same money as the petrol GT Line Stinger?????)

To be fair to the Optima, its LOADED to the hilt with equipment and an estate body style. The stinger has less equipment for the money but is rear wheel drive with a limited slip differential. You're paying for mod-cons (Optima) or essential sports equipment (Stinger).

Two very different ends of the market. Smile
2017 Kia Optima '3'
2016 Ford Mustang GT
2014 Kia Pro_Cee'd GT
Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:02pm
Indeed, the equipment list of the GTLS Optima is a big draw - hence my choice of 4 trim Sportage.

However, I feel Kia are now at that point where if they want to compete further with premium marques they need to address the engineering and put the emphasis on that opposed to the current loading on the kit by different trim levels to undercut the German costed option list!
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 31k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benanderson89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:02pm
I don't think they need to put more emphasis on their engineering, given the recent JD Power survey put Kia joint first with Volvo for reliability, with Audi and BMW taking second-to-last and last-place, respectively. Smile
2017 Kia Optima '3'
2016 Ford Mustang GT
2014 Kia Pro_Cee'd GT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic