FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Tailgate Opener Improvement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlanHo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tailgate Opener Improvement
    Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:22pm
My wife and I both find it slightly difficult to find the exact spot on the tailgate opener to press, for it to release the lock. It is a quite small button in the release pad to find with your finger.

In order to stop management tutting about it I have made it much easier.

I have attached to the release pad two small cupboard door plastic stops using double backed foam tape. It is now easy to find and operate. Job done.

Niro 2 With ADAP
Sponsored Links

GeoffreySt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffreySt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 8:50pm
An excellent solution Alan which I intend to follow if you don't mind as we both have the same issue with opening the tail gate. Thank you.
Geoff
AlanHo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:59am
Geoff

I'm pleased to be of help. I posted the idea here fully expecting I was not alone and am surprised that KIA (and some Hyundai models) didn't make the opener more friendly.
Niro 2 With ADAP
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:16pm
Neat idea.  Wonder why it wasn't made with that already moulded in.
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic