FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Stinger Service every 6 Months - to be confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stinger Service every 6 Months - to be confirmed
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:54pm
Hi All,

When at my dealers having some work done on the Sportage, I asked about the Stinger and if they had any details on their systems yet, they checked and there was some info. But being very busy we could only have a quick look at it.

there seemed to be quite a big difference between the Bottom and top of the range in regards to features etc.

The base models have quite a bit of the tech removed or not available along with no AWD, Smaller alloys, No Brembo's or 360 degree cameras or HUD. There are quite a few "GT Exclusive" Features for the top of the range.

I suppose they do this to get the price down to a "more Affordable" £32.000.

Anyway, the one thing that caught our eye was the servicing schedule - please note that this may change by the time the car is released,

It stated that the car needs to be serviced every 6 months and it appeared that there were NO service plans that you can get.

Is this something new or do other cars have 6 monthly services?

regards

Phil
2016 Sportage GT-Line 1.6 T-GDI DCT AWD Dark Gun Metal Metallic   
OLD Car - 2013 Kia Pro-Cee'd GT TECH Black
Sponsored Links

Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:22am
I looked up the Hyundai Genesis service schedule for the 3.8 V6 (which I think is used in the Stinger) and in the USA it seems to be every 7500 miles.

So much for a Grand Tourer if you need a pit stop so frequently!
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 31k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.
smellmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smellmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:00pm
Surely that's just for the top model, not the others.
Previous: 58 Kia Pro Cee'd 3 04 Saab 93 2.2 TiD Arc, 02 Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive, 51 BMW 320td, 52 Vectra 3.2 V6 GSi, 99 Honda Civic 1.8 VTi, 95 Nissan Primera 2.0 LX, 89/86 Nissan Bluebird 1.6 LX
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by smellmet smellmet wrote:

Surely that's just for the top model, not the others.

Possibly, but as I stated we only had a very quick look due to the dealership being extremely busy, but things will probably change by the time the car is released in the UK.

It's just the 6 month servicing schedule stood out but I didn't get the chance to read a lot of the small print.

We will soon find out though, not long till dealers get them

regards

Phil
2016 Sportage GT-Line 1.6 T-GDI DCT AWD Dark Gun Metal Metallic   
OLD Car - 2013 Kia Pro-Cee'd GT TECH Black
KIA Sportage 2 2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIA Sportage 2 2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:20pm
If this is right and the way things are going regarding no diesels or petrol engines maybe in time if every car dealer had an Electric Plug In Point available when you drop by to get a charge up you could get it serviced at the same time
KIA Sportage 2 1.7CRDi ISG 4th Generation in Artic White

Kind Regards
RAY
Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:53pm
If LPG is not part of the witch hunt maybe that's viable for a few more of us?...and to keep on track and avoid a moderator's wrath......what would be the service schedule time for that?

Edited by Signman - 12 Oct 2017 at 6:55pm
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 31k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:39am
From info gleaned from the guy talking the "In the metal" stinger around:

All european cars are AWD, All UK are RWD (but they'll probably charge the same for both!)

There are 3 grades for each type - Diesel, 2l petrol, 3.3l petrol but looks like the UK won't be getting all three.
According to the Aus Stinger brochure (no diesel there!) they are S, Si, and GT or GTline.

We'll just have to wait for more UK info which isn't due until mid-November!

Tim
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
All very good info from you as always Phil. Regards residual value, probably ok if you are keeping the car a very long time. At over 16 feet way too big for parking in my opinion. I don’t think we will be seeing many on our roads. In USA Kia give a 10 year warranty as well
Proceed gt facelift
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic