FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Sport Mode

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
t552 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t552 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sport Mode
    Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 8:10am
How often do you use it if at all?
I use it fairly often and gives a noticeable increase in power but better it seems to tighten everything up a bit.
Sponsored Links

TerryB58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryB58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 3:40pm
Tried it, just to see what it did Big smile

Not bothered since, in my book, an automatic is an automatic.  I just keep both hands on the wheel.  LOL
TooTallTerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooTallTerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 5:14pm
Only use it every now and again find it helpful up steep or long hills.

On Order - KIA Niro First Edition in Ocean Blue (due 10/10/2016)

Current - KIA Sportage 'KX-4' 2.0 CRDi 182bhp 6-speed auto in Dark (March 2016)
h2onorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h2onorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:01pm
Hi all.
Yes the sport mode via auto is interesting particularly for me coming from an auto before and loving that car. One of the reasons for buying the car was it's auto box and size and green credentials. Not had a dual clutch electronic 6 before but have driven lots of manual box cars too. The auto change is actually not always as smooth as I was expecting and you can feel it more than my old fluid box 4 plus lockups.Sure the Niro is more economical though and even in auto mode if you floor the excelerator it will change fairly quickly. Back to sport mode though. Others have said it is reluctant to use 6 In auto but is hard to count the changes at speed but I am experimenting at manually selecting 6 in sport at same speed as it was at auto mode to compare Mpg. It is early days but may be more economical. Am also unclear in sport mode as to how the box responds if you try to go too slow or too fast in any one gear. Does it override to prevent damage?
Views anyone?
t552 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t552 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 8:23am
Yes it will still auto change up to and inc 3rd gear. same on down change. but transforms acceleration.
fullkoll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullkoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by h2onorth h2onorth wrote:

The auto change is actually not always as smooth as I was expecting and you can feel it more than my old fluid box 4 plus lockups.

Have you done the ECU update?
2017 KIA Niro 1.6 Hybride DCT6
TheatreFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheatreFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 1:41pm
Got Shout on the ECU Update!
kibodemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kibodemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:15am
I find my new (Jan '17) Niro 2 rather sluggish up what I consider medium inclines. Now I know you need a little more throttle to maintain a hill incline, but the car slows, I push the accelerator harder and harder, lots of revs, but still decreasing speed.

Like the OP I feel like I need to put the car into sport mode to correct its sluggish behaviour, not to be 'sporty'.
TerryB58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryB58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 6:03am
Originally posted by h2onorth h2onorth wrote:

Am also unclear in sport mode as to how the box responds if you try to go too slow or too fast in any one gear. Does it override to prevent damage?
Views anyone?

In sport mode when you slow down the gears will change to a lower gear, when you attempt to accelerate you will stay in that gear until you manually change up.

It is very flexible in 6th though.
t552 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t552 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 8:06am

It will change auto up till 3rd gear.

Just floor it!!

Edited by t552 - 17 Feb 2017 at 9:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic