FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Speed cam info?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speed cam info?
    Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:36pm
Finally got a compatible phone and hooked it up using the Kia Hotspot app.  All seems fine but I seem to recall mention on here that it is possible to get speed cam info?  (or am I imagining it?)
What do I need to do?
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
Sponsored Links

Oldsalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldsalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:52pm
Turnup, I have got speed cameras on my Niro using tethering via Kia Hotspot from my android phone. The Niro has Tomtom satnav, so unsure if your Sportage uses the same? Mine flags up the cameras well in advance and gives a warning tone that doesn't scare the life out of me.

Edit: I didn't do anything in the setup, it just appears as you drive. The traffic warning are well displayed too, with different coloured traces on the roads dependent on the severity of the hold-up.

David

Edited by Oldsalt - 11 Jan 2018 at 6:56pm
MY18 Kia Niro 4 Hybrid - Ocean Blue

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
Bassa66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bassa66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:32am
I have a MOTO G5 Android phone with the Kia Hot spot App it connects and disconnects all on its own and displays ok. not brilliant but helps do the job of informing of various items. 

Gt line AWD 1.6t Infra Red. 
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:05pm
Hmmm......the phone hotspot is certainly connecting but I see no speedcams.  Will have to play around a bit more.
Oldsalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldsalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Turnup Turnup wrote:

Hmmm......the phone hotspot is certainly connecting but I see no speedcams.  Will have to play around a bit more.

Do you get a message on screen saying Data Updated (or something like that)?

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:24pm
Yes, and traffic info is evident on the map
Oldsalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oldsalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:43pm
Have you done a run with speed cameras on the route. If they aren't showing up, maybe there is a setting that needs changing. I'm guessing you don't get the Tomtom in the Sportage?

mah006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mah006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Turnup Turnup wrote:

Finally got a compatible phone and hooked it up using the Kia Hotspot app.  All seems fine but I seem to recall mention on here that it is possible to get speed cam info?  (or am I imagining it?)
What do I need to do?

Make sure the box is ticked in the sat nav settings for speed cameras   
MY16 GT Line 1.6TGDi Fusion White
Previous MY14 1.6GDi White Edition
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Oldsalt Oldsalt wrote:

Have you done a run with speed cameras on the route. If they aren't showing up, maybe there is a setting that needs changing. I'm guessing you don't get the Tomtom in the Sportage?

Sportage does not have TomTom maps, the mapping software does however make use and integrate in with TomTom traffic alerts and TomTom speed camera warnings. Speed camera warnings need to be turned on in settings.
Sportage ISG 2 Dark Gunmetal Grey (Delivered 19/9/16)Still lovin' the way people ogle at my car
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Oldsalt Oldsalt wrote:

Yes I have driven past long installed speed cams - nothing.  The Satnav is not TomTom (at least not branded TT) but the hotspot app gets speedcam info from TT I believe (or at least it should).

I must have missed a setting somewhere.  Next time I am in the car with a bit of time I will have a good furtle round.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic