FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Speed alarm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fender Bender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fender Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speed alarm
    Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:24am
Hi everybody,
Has anybody found the way to cancel the annoying "overspeed"(120kp/h) alarm in the Rio?
It's like having my in law mom speaking in a Sunday dinner; Help please!!!

Edited by Fender Bender - 25 Oct 2016 at 8:40am
Sponsored Links

rizmo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:46am
Hi Oscar, and welcome to the forums. Not noticed any UK Rio owners mention this bleeper, so might be a local law in in the UAE. Perhaps the dealer can disable it, if it is permitted. I know my TomTom satnav does it, if I exceed the speed limits, but never had it on a car.
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate, Ford Transit Connect van.
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 4:15pm
I tried it out on my Cee'd when I got it - drove me mad! The only way to cancel it that I could find was to set the speed to zero. It hasn't pinged since.

Just noticed that you are in UAE. All the taxis there (Dubai) ping away like mad and nobody takes a blind bit of notice. I suspect it's mandatory to have the overspeed warning active out there.

Edited by dave1978 - 25 Oct 2016 at 4:19pm
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
driver rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote driver rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:12pm

I’ve just purchased a Ceed 3 estate 2014, and yes totally agree the speed alarm is the only annoying thing that I can find that I don’t like about the car. The dam thing keeps going off at 76mph I know it’s intended to be a safety feature but it drives you mad when on the motorway. If anyone knows how to disengage it please let me know.  

dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 4:39pm
See my post (above).....
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic