FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Sorento MY2017 boot storage area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KiaConvert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiaConvert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorento MY2017 boot storage area
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:41pm
I went to stow my boot roller cover in the boot floor compartment of my new Sorento today, only to find Kia have changed the shape of the jack storage foam and it won't now fit above the jack! Anyone else found this problem?
2017 Sorento KX3 auto
Sponsored Links

keithl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:56pm
Is your car fitted with side steps?  If it is there will most likely be an attachment on the top of the jack that has to be removed for it to fit into the storage foam.
KX2 Auto
JEGRugby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEGRugby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:56pm
Mine fits ok once the end covers are removed. These covers can be replaced over the top of the roller cover once it is in the recess.
Picanto Chilli Auto 16 Plate, Sorento Kx3 Auto 17 Plate
tigger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:22am
Its OK on my 2016.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiaConvert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:14am
Thanks people. I had no problem with my 2016 model but Keith you may have the solution - yes I do have side steps fitted to this one. I'll take another look later

2017 Sorento KX3 auto

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiaConvert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 7:54pm
The problem was the 'block' addition bolted to the jack to fit the side steps - not that I was told this or given any info about it!
I've now done some trimming to the polystyrene tray and it all fits snugly under the floor as it should. Thanks guys

Edited by KiaConvert - 22 Apr 2017 at 7:54pm
2017 Sorento KX3 auto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic