FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Sorento hill assist fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul 78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul 78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorento hill assist fault
    Posted: 13 May 2018 at 6:37pm
Hi there I have a Kia Sorento 2014 model the hill start assist doesn’t work as I have tried on several steep hills Took car to Kia and they say it is fine has anyone else had issues with this feature thanks
Sponsored Links

Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:22am
It is not hard to test this and if KIA think it is fine then what is happening?  It would be easy for you to take a KIA tech out and demonstrate the fault to them wouldn't it?

Can you describe exactly what you are doing and what the car does?
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
Paul 78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul 78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Paul 78 Paul 78 wrote:

Hi there I have a Kia Sorento 2014 model the hill start assist doesn’t work as I have tried on several steep hills Took car to Kia and they say it is fine has anyone else had issues with this feature thanks
Paul 78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul 78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:13am
[QUOTEKia told it was okay as no fault showed up in diagnostics.I have went to steep hills put car in neutral serval times then took foot off brake and put car in gear but always rolls back before gear engaged
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 11:58am
Put it in gear before you release the footbrake.  I find with my Sportage that it needs a firm pressure on the brake pedal to engage HSA, and if you wait more than a few seconds the brake will release again.  Plenty time to get off the brake and on the accelerator.  It also does not work if handbrake is engaged.
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 12:19pm
It only engages in 1st gear when the brakes firmly applied as said above the ceed uses the same system
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by artscot79 artscot79 wrote:

It only engages in 1st gear when the brakes firmly applied as said above the ceed uses the same system

Also works in reverse for backing uphill.
Paul 78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul 78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:30pm
Thanks will give that a go tonight
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:43pm
Very true i have to say though I rarely ever do use it in reverse i still prefer the handbrake that way I know its gonna work lol
Paul 78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul 78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:36pm
Hi tried what you said still not working will do as you suggested and get one of their mechanics to go out to a steep hill and show me how it works and if it doesn’t then they’ll know there’s a fault with the system

Edited by Paul 78 - 15 May 2018 at 10:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic