FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Smoking on tickover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
rcwood08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcwood08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 1:40pm
As  I said, the vapour coming out of the oil filler cap was 'oily' on mine because when you have a seal washer leaking, exhaust gas mixes with the oil in the cam cover and finds it's way down to the sump where it will block the pick-up strainer...the only way to be sure unless you can hear it leaking by listening to the open oil filler, is to remove the injectors and the leaking washer will be obvious...if yours is clear then I don't think it's injector seals leaking.
Sponsored Links

StuStu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuStu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 5:30pm
Thank you for the input, I need to sit in a dark room and scratch my head, or buy a length of rope and hang myself šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Edited by StuStu - 30 Apr 2018 at 5:30pm
StuStu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuStu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 1:40pm
Just spoke to a turbo guy and he said he has seen this problem before and it was the turbo leaking on the hot side (exhaust), leaking small amounts of oil into the exhaust, he suggested removal of turbo and fitting a new cartridge into the turbo, ?? Any feelings on this pls, thanks, Stu
rcwood08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcwood08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:24pm
Definitely, re-furbish existing rather than buying new or second- hand...How many miles is on yours? I'm interested because mines the same age but only 62k...Did he say how much?
StuStu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuStu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:38pm
Mine has 130k, apparently you can buy a cassette that fits our turbo, around Ā£90 then fitting and setting up the waste gate, labour around Ā£100, so around Ā£200, Iā€™m thinking I will have it done
rcwood08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcwood08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:58pm
That sounds reasonable and his explanation of what's happening to yours also sounds likely..keep me posted as to how it works out...I would stick with 5/30 though, you need a good supply of oil for the turbo that's what I've always been told.
bembo449 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bembo449 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:17pm
my fathers 04 sorento auto , would smoke just like you describe on cold starts , also I little misfire but once warm it would run lovely , it also stalled when put into gear , this has been the case for some months now , no coolant or oil lost / used , had me beat till I took a risk on a 2nd fuel rail pressure sensor from the scrappies which cost me just Ā£2 and low and behold the car has stopped smoking , doesn't stall , runs smoother / quieter and the fuel consumption has improved , im not saying you may have the same issue but the symptoms are strikingly similar so thought I would comment
StuStu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuStu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:12am
Thanks for your input, for what it costs I will give it a try, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic