FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Slow throttle response from idle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Kia Sedona - slow response from idle
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
4 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
bmhill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:57pm
went to kia today and had them check if there was an update available for my car (09 2.9 crdi) and the service manager said he would have to plug it in to see
i explained my symptoms and he said it sounded like the IMV was faulty and that they had at first replaced the fuel pump but later were told to only replace the IMV and do the update
he came out 90 mins later and apologised for taking so long and said he had to update the KIA diagnostic software before doing it and then did the update on mine
the car is now a lot better but he advised me to change the IMV (which are around £50) so will check back in when i have done it.
when i spoke to the mechanic he said just changing the IMV without the software update or visa versa can mean it does not cure the issue and that 95% are cured by doing BOTH the IMV and the update
2009 Sedona 2.9 crdi manual TS
Sponsored Links

Frank88ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank88ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 8:31pm
Hi guys,
I'm new to this so can't understand what 'ECU' or 're mapping ' means? Thanks
bmhill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 10:34pm
ok so here goes.....
fitted a new IMV and then disconnected the battery for half an hour
i have to say the car is 100% better after the new IMV and software update
the more i drive it the better it seems to be getting 
i have to say that i was told that just changing the IMV or just doing the software will not work they both need to be done together and it has worked for me and also check what your pump number is as there seems to be different IMV's depending on what your pump number is.
so thats my experience so far
2009 Sedona 2.9 crdi manual TS
Frank88ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank88ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 4:58pm
Hi all,
Just to update. I had my IMV changed and it solved 1) The 'cutting out' while driving / idling issues and 2) The acceleration issues. So, I would recommend anyone who have similar problems like mine to try this first. Didn't need to upload / upgrade the system.
But I also did change air filter, fuel filter, oil filter. Very glad its performance is back.Total cost for getting IMV change was $660 ( include part $300 plus labour, post gst.)
If you are keen to do this yourself here is a picture of the part (and serial no.) you can order a part from EBay (US) for around US $50 plus $20 DHL ($70). But make sure to get the right one for your Year model.
Cheers, Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic