FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Slow throttle response from idle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Kia Sedona - slow response from idle
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
barney50 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barney50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm

Was that with Celtic Tuning ?
Sponsored Links

Snaggletooth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snaggletooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:53pm
No.  It was a different tuning company (Can't remember the software provider name - Kess or something like that).  As Celtic appear to do their own software I suspect they might well be able to do it.  Before I go to the expense of Celtic though (quoted £290Cry) I'm going to try a good quality injector cleaner additive (Hydra?).  An injector has been suggested as possible cause, I just want to make sure that it's not simply a dirty injector playing up before going to Celtic.  

I must admit the hesitation on pull away definitely feels like a misfire although there is no loss of power when driving, I've also noticed that when I leave it ticking over, every one or two minute or so the engine sort of misses a beat - if it was a petrol engine i'd be looking at leads/plugs etc.  

Thanks for taking an interest.  Does this sound like the problem you had?  Any pointers would help. Anyway I'll post any results I get.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic