FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Should I Buy a Sorento?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ocua5310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocua5310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN wrote:

I had an XE from new for 10 years and doubt if i selected 4x4 half a dozen times.

Yeah, see, that's what I mean. I don't consider the Sorento to be a luxury vehicle (just a cute, nice, comfy car) so it makes more sense to enable 4x4 when you want to. It doesn't need to do that on it own. Most cars that do it on their own are usually way too late anyways.

But, to confirm: even on this model (with auto engaging 4x4) there's no way to just leave it in 4x2 so it won't auto-engage 4x4? You have no choice but to let it decide when it's time to go into 4x4?
Cause I don't need the 4x4 and like the driving experience in RWD better.
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:56pm
As long as you buy the pre facelift model,no newer than 2006 you can disable 4WD working but removing the fuse in the kick panel side of foot well marked TCCS.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
ocua5310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocua5310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:32pm

As long as you buy the pre facelift model,no newer than 2006 you can disable 4WD working but removing the fuse in the kick panel side of foot well marked TCCS.

Well, I was looking at the facelift model because I think they look kinda better.
The seller said he just drives in 4x2 and has no problems and replacing the transfer box would be around €500, but I suppose he's just lying then cause the 4x2 might kick in anytime?
And over here they're speaking of £1,5k to replace it.

In that case I'm really having second thoughts, as I loved the facelift model, but all of them are EX'es.
Gosh, what did I get myself into, lol.
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:07pm
The facelift model you cannot get away with just pulling the fuse as there are other circuits on it including ABS and the dash lights come up thinking it is Christmas. This you have to build a circuit with a switch and relays and a resistor to fool the motor the unit is still operating when it actually is not.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
rcwood08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcwood08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 4:28pm
Here's an '11 with left hand drive;

Edited by rcwood08 - 11 Jul 2018 at 4:32pm
ocua5310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocua5310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:34pm

The facelift model you cannot get away with just pulling the fuse as there are other circuits on it including ABS and the dash lights come up thinking it is Christmas.

I'm really starting to think I should forget about this.
It's messed up that they just didn't think of a 4x2-only feature for whoever wants it (wouldn't have costed a single extra penny to add), but it is the way it is...

Shame, they looked so cute.
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:11am
you can make a circuit for the tod system, it is only a switch and a resistor, there are circuit diagrams available or you can buy a complete kit from Germany.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic