FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Serious point about the Admin on this forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
toolpusher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote toolpusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serious point about the Admin on this forum
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:59pm
I know I have made a few jokes on here about admin closing threads etc but just like to say what a good job the administrators are doing on this forum.

Been a member of the sporty forum since 2011 and remember when it totally got out of hand with various kia trolls destroying the harmony of the forum with constant rubbish posts . It must have took a lot of time and effort from admin to sort it all out.  Well done folks and I do understand your need to keep things stable and civil.

I love passing so much time on this forum these days Smile
2017 2.0 CRDi SPORTAGE KX-5
Previous
2014 2.0 CRDI SPORTAGE KX-4 auto
2011 2.0 CRDI SPORTAGE KX-3 auto

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”(Mark Twain)
Sponsored Links

Cornish dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornish dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:34pm
As long as they don't put a stop to the odd funny and there fair, I have only been on here a year and hope I have tried to help owners but I am unable not to thro in a hopefully funny comment at times you can see owners come and go but you see the same old owners trying to help each other or maybe a little wind up but I think the members that come back day after day take all remarks with a pinch of salt and try and help new and old members the mods do a job and a good one most of the time

Edited by Cornish dave - 06 Dec 2017 at 8:37pm
jcapari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcapari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:35pm
You can please people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time. A job well done
2017 GTline 1.6T AWD Auto Fusion White
To
2016 GTline 2ltr AWD Phantom Black
To
2014 Sportage Kx3 Artic White
To
2006 Sorento XS
To
2003 Sorento XS
toolpusher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolpusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Cornish dave Cornish dave wrote:

As long as they don't put a stop to the odd funny and there fair, I have only been on here a year and hope I have tried to help owners but I am unable not to thro in a hopefully funny comment at times you can see owners come and go but you see the same old owners trying to help each other or maybe a little wind up but I think the members that come back day after day take all remarks with a pinch of salt and try and help new and old members the mods do a job and a good one most of the time

When have you ever been funny SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
2017 2.0 CRDi SPORTAGE KX-5
Previous
2014 2.0 CRDI SPORTAGE KX-4 auto
2011 2.0 CRDI SPORTAGE KX-3 auto

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”(Mark Twain)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornish dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by toolpusher toolpusher wrote:

Originally posted by Cornish dave Cornish dave wrote:

When have you ever been funny SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

I walked in to that will try harder

Edited by Cornish dave - 06 Dec 2017 at 8:45pm
Fuddy Ruck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuddy Ruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:50pm
Or understandableSmile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornish dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Fuddy Ruck Fuddy Ruck wrote:

Or understandableSmile
did not take you long to pipe up
Uvox2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Uvox2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:21pm
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

The whole Moderation team do our level best to both encourage posts and keep the site friendly and uphold the rules.

Yes, it can be a fine line with some posts.

I have seen posts that have wound another member up but it wasn't posted with that intention. In essence, typed words will never replace the art of speech and communication as its devoid of tone, eye contact and expression.

It's easy for some to forget, the Moderation team are simply members who have taken on extra responsibilities to ensure others get the same experience from the site as them.

We don't always get it right, and as stated in a previous post that you cant keep everyone happy all the time.

On the flip side, it should be all of us from Members to Admin that should be saying well done to each other for making this Club the informative and friendly place this is.

Thanks everyone

Paul

Admin

Edited by Uvox2 - 06 Dec 2017 at 9:21pm
dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:30pm
This one better stay "on topic" admin are all over it 😀
Agreed any forum needs good admin to keep things civil and ours do a sterling job, well done guys 👍
a dog is for life, so DON'T marry one !
KevinBattle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinBattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:31am
Point well made, you are members that have taken on extra responsibility for no other reason than to make this forum work.
Respect.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - not just Admin but to all of you muddy ruts (as Prof Spooner would say)......
New 2016 shape 1.6 petrol T-GDi 7DCT White GT-Line Auto.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic