FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Sedona 2008 2.9 Power Loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sedona 2008 2.9 Power Loss
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:11pm
Hi Folks
I need some advice on this issue if possible please.
My 2008 Sedona 2.9 intermittently keeps having a power loss when driving. Basically when it reaches about 20 mph it's as if the accelerator has no effect, and the power just sinks back to idle. I then take my foot off and gently put it on again and it pretty much does the same. If I literally 'rest' my foot on the pedal it just about keeps going. When the car is stationary (out of gear) it revs, and will hold the revs perfectly normally. Also I can't engage cruise control when this is happening.

Any advice will be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.

Thiery (Amx).
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:46pm
Has the fuel filter been changed,also air filter. That is where to start.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
Amx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:03am
Hi Birdman
Thanks for that. The fuel filter and airfilter were changed just over a year ago and haven't caused any issues since. Also when the car is out of gear it revs up and down without any hesitation.
It seems to be the correlation of engine revving and being in gear.
Chhers
Amx
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:13am
Revving with no load on it does not tell much. All the inputs to the ECU will be different under load. You need to get an OBD reader plugged in to see what comes up to give a clue where to start.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic