FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Sedona 2005 2.9 CRDi J3 MAP Sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CapeTownSedona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeTownSedona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sedona 2005 2.9 CRDi J3 MAP Sensor
    Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:04am
Hi Everyone,

I have been struggling with my Sedona 2005 2.9 CRDi for some time now. Replace Head Gasket, MAF Sensor (twice) Injector Loom... List goes on...

Now I'm getting errors relating to the MAP Sensor. Also what appears to be some sort of fuel starvation problem. The fuel seems to run back into the tank. If left for a while the hand primer pump will be completing empty of fuel.

I don't know if these are related or separate issues. But I can't find the MAP Sensor. Can anyone help me locate it - my auto electrician says it could be that especially since the ECU is bringing up errors relating to it.

Also, a few times a electronic governer error has come up. Again not sure if this is just a knock on from all the other problems, or a problem on its own.

Sponsored Links

Keith Sedona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Sedona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:16pm
The hand primer has a non return vale (the top of the hand primer when it is in its holder and is white) these get worn and allow fuel to return to the tank, 
So a new hand primer is needed.
I cheated and purchase a metal aluminium (don't buy the plastic ones they back up after about 10 minutes of use) inline non return valve for fuel on ebay about £3 you will need the 10mm fuel line size. you will also need a small length of 10mm fuel line and some small hose clamps . thie the extra length of fuel line the hand primer does not fit in its holder and had to be wedged around the screen washer bottle filler neck. (Prob best to but a new one from KIA)
The MAF sensor is mounted just behind the air filter box in the intake hose, before the turbo intake 

Keith Sedona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Sedona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:27pm
I also had fuel starvation problem,
The non return valve in the hand primer was 1 the small rubber  o ring on the bottom of the fuel filter where the fuel filter sediment sensor goes was too fat and had bulged out allowing air in.

Also had an idle problem hunting a little and more lately when at idle suddenly stopping. I did an on vehicle injector leak off test and found 1  injector has so much fuel passing through it going back to the tank it filled the test bottle for that injector in 15 seconds, wonder how the pressure pump managed to generate enough pressure to inject. Replaced that injector (got a recon unit £114 there was a surcharge for the old injector added on) run fine now (KIA sedona 137,000 miles)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic