FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

SAT POI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
itreadwe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itreadwe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SAT POI
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:00pm
Has anyone added poi onto the sat nav ?

.used CVS converted to GPX,

seeing file but fails after about 3sec
Sponsored Links

t552 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t552 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:33am
I hate TLA's especially when I don't know what they mean I soon loose interest.
Niro 2 Black
No ADAP
fullkoll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullkoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:02am
I have imported lots of PIOs to the SatNav in Niro - no problem what so ever.

I use the excellent Mac program GPX Editor and I create a "master" file with all my POIs and then save them in new smaller, seperate groups like ´family´, hotels´, ´friends´and so on. Each group in a separate file as a gpx-file.

family.gpx, hotels.gpx, friends.gpx and so on......

Put the USB-stick into the car and import! That´s it!

What I haven´t been able to solve (yet), is how to make routes - but that´s another question.......
The routes I create are seen as separate POIs by Niro and that´s not much help...

My workflow (on Mac):

* Find the location in Google maps and click on it (should also work on PC)
* Copy the gps-info at the bottom of the screen
* Paste that info into GPX Editor in the meny "New Waypoint"

Edited by fullkoll - 20 May 2017 at 11:16am
2017 KIA Niro 1.6 Hybride DCT6
Cesaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cesaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:42pm
Hi , Has anyone managed to inport the Pocket GPS safety camera system onto this Niro sat nav. I can import them but have not found a way to read them on the move /map. I used to use it on my Nissan Qashqai so hoping there is a way had to put them in a folder on that car , any help would be appreciated
Abragan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abragan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:16pm
Looks like somebody else had the same problem, without solution unfortunately:

P.S. The mapping data is by HERE (formerly NavTeq) rather than TomTom - the latter provide Traffic, Speed Cameras, Local Search & Weather Updates
Niro Drive (=UK 2) - Deep Cerulean Blue
Oldsalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldsalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 5:55pm
If you tether your smartphone to the car, the TomTom sat nav provides really good speed camera warnings, traffic and weather data. I have found network data usage not too bad really.
MY18 Kia Niro 4 Hybrid - Ocean Blue

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
Cesaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cesaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
Hi Lads , thanks for your replies, I realised I could get the tt speed cameras but its a pain having to connect the phone everytime and switch the wifi etc , but I would prefer it if it was just there whenever I drive the car, phone or no phone .
mr.macspot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.macspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 8:55am
I had fun and games with points of interest, I couldn't get either GPX or CSV to work. I eventually found Google Earth KML files worked perfectly. I have no idea why this should be, especially as CSV is such a simple file format, but it works for me.
2017 Kia Sportage KX-2 (Planet Blue).
Cesaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cesaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:08pm
Hi, when you say it works for you , did you mean just normal points of interest or speed camera alerts and are there any audio alerts. My system does say it accepts both KML and GPX files. so it may work for me . Many Thanks for your help
mr.macspot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.macspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:43pm
I purely use POI for finding routes to places, National Trust, Caravan Club, etc. For traffic alerts and speed camera's I use my phone, which tethers to car automatically via Kia Hot Spot. I've not needed to attach the phone by cable.
2017 Kia Sportage KX-2 (Planet Blue).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic