FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Rubber Boot Mat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
PhilHunt47 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilHunt47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber Boot Mat
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:46pm
Can anyone recommend / provide a link to a rubber boot mat that they've bought recently and that they'd recommend?
Sponsored Links

DougieB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:10pm
Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX3 auto (sunroof) in Dark Gun Metallic
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhilHunt47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:21pm
Thanks. I was watching that item but have now ordered it based on your recommendation! It's also about 50p cheaper than when I first started looking at it!
Globetrotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Globetrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:39pm
I also purchased the same mat and I'm quite happy with it. It arrived rolled in half inside a plastic bin liner and initially didn't sit flat in the boot, but after a warm day it levelled out and now fits perfectly. Only small thing is as it has a lip all around the edge, this lip now protrudes into what was a flat smooth floor at the boot opening, not an issue, just saying. And I paid that 50p more too
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilHunt47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:15pm
Thanks for your input on the mat.

I guess that it would be possible to trim the lip off along the boot opening if needs be.

They're obviously produced with a lip to contain any spillage of liquid
lvjohn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:25pm
I have also bought this mat and would recommend it . However I should note that the correct mat for the 2016 + model is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332009140528Smile
Kia Sportage 1.6 GTLine 2017-
Hyundai IX35 1.7D Premium 12-17
Kia Sportage gen2 2.0D XS 06-12
jaybro187 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybro187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:47am
the one i bought was from home bargains and cost 4 pounds, its really thick rubber that rolls out, ok its not fitted but it fits perfect covers the boot floor and cost nothing really
Trafalgar223 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trafalgar223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:29pm
Hi Phil,

Just a note, the KIA Boot Liner £50 fits with the rear floor in upper position only.

If you lower the floor it crumples up.
Sportage 'First Edition' 2.0 CRDi Auto AWD Fusion White MY16
Gone: Range Rover Sport HSE
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilHunt47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:46pm
Thanks for that - I'm picking up the car from the dealer on Monday so will have to wait until the mat arrives later in the week to see exactly what you mean!Wink
Phil

Bronze 2017 Sportage GT Line 2.0 CRDi Auto AWD
Cornish Dave44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornish Dave44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 11:47am
In my experience the Gen3 mat does not fit the boot of the latest model. I hope you have purchased the correct fitting mat.
2013 - 2016 Kia Sportage 2 1.7 Silver Storm
2016 -      Kia Sportage 3 1.7 Gun Metal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic