FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Rotating wheels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:02pm
Each hub has a receiver and each wheel has a transmitter, makes no difference which wheel to swap to another corner. Once the wheel does the rotations for the receiver to pick up the signal that is what is reported on the dash on the corresponding corner. You will find that the service center desk jockey and possibly the service manager have no clue how the TPS system works and just make half a$$ed statements that mean nothing. Ask one of the mechanics and I bet they could tell you in a heart beat. Good mechanics are hard to find, which is why they promote the door handles to management! Wink
Sportage ISG 2 Dark Gunmetal Grey (Delivered 19/9/16)Still lovin' the way people ogle at my car
Sponsored Links

Cornish dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornish dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by MerlinL14 MerlinL14 wrote:

Each hub has a receiver and each wheel has a transmitter, makes no difference which wheel to swap to another corner. Once the wheel does the rotations for the receiver to pick up the signal that is what is reported on the dash on the corresponding corner. You will find that the service center desk jockey and possibly the service manager have no clue how the TPS system works and just make half a$$ed statements that mean nothing. Ask one of the mechanics and I bet they could tell you in a heart beat. Good mechanics are hard to find, which is why they promote the door handles to management! Wink
that's what I did think I said maybe probly almost
kia62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kia62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:32pm
I can see now,didn,t know there was also a corner sensor gizmo built into the car.Thanks for pointing that out,never too old to learn.
white sportage ISG3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornish dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by kia62 kia62 wrote:

I can see now,didn,t know there was also a corner sensor gizmo built into the car.Thanks for pointing that out,never too old to learn.
you must be young then, because I'm getting to old to remember
kia62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kia62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:53pm
Long while since I was called young!been a drain on the government for a while now,oops I mean collecting my "benefit"after nearly 50 years in harness.
white sportage ISG3
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:03pm
All sound comments here but one small point.
TPMS sensors are inert if the wheel is not rotating (this is to save the batteries).  This means that if a TMPS sensor is fitted to the spare it will not interfere in any way with the rest of them. 
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
Peter horan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter horan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:42pm
I swapped mine corner to corner after 15000 miles no difference with the TPMS
tigger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Florida21 Florida21 wrote:

I had asked for this to be done during first service but they stated this would confuse the tyre pressure warning system? Just been for test run and all is well.

I think it only confuses the system for a short while.

When I put my two spares on my Sorento [neither having a transmitter], it took about 8-10 miles for the TPMS light to come on.  And similarly for it to go off when I swapped back 10,000 miles later.

I think the dealer can 'force' the system to recognise the new positions straight away.  I guess this is needed for new cars which haven't done any miles yet.

If you're just swapping wheels around, I'd expect it to take a few miles to work out which is where - but not throw the light on.
Othysseus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Othysseus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:31am
Just came back from Kwick Fit Oldbury, the place where people without a thinking end are granted a job, and I was told the job can't be done because the TMPS sensors are coded. The manager, the one that allows the sun to come up every day, asked me to go to the dealer.
I said, look I know I'm not blessed enough to ever have a job in this heaven's garden but if you do it it will be a win-win for you. If you are wrong you'll get the money once, but if you are right then you'll get money twice! How cool is that!!
He knew I wasn't ready to understand. BlessOuch

Edited by Othysseus - 17 Apr 2018 at 9:35am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornish dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic