FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Roof Rack ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gdank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof Rack ?
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:48pm
I'm going away this Easter, and the wife dropped a bomb on me saying she wants to take the bikes away too!!!

I've found that this the the only roof rack at the moment that will work and fit :-

However I cannot find a place to buy in the UK.

Anyone got any other idea's apart from something like this :-

Edited by Gdank - 12 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm
Stinger GTS : Panthera Metal / Red Leather.

Sponsored Links

DavidSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:12pm
If she wants the bike, can't she cycle it there? :)
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:14pm
Hi John,

I would hope that KIA UK do the same accessories as Australia, they just seem to be slower getting them to the UK.

You may be lucky and they may show up on the UK site before Easter.

You could ask the KIA customer services on the forum when accessories are going to show on the UK site, they are pretty quick at answering questions from forum members. UPDATE - Already asked on the KCS Page

Other than that I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions Ermm - good luck

These are what are on the Aussie Site

http://www.kia.com/au/cars/kia-stinger/accessories.html?page=2

Regards

Phil 

Edited by msimega - 12 Jan 2018 at 5:35pm
2018 3.3 V6 TwinTurbo GT-S Stinger Ceramic Grey
2016 Sportage GT-Line 1.6 T-GDI DCT AWD Dark Gun Metal Metallic   
2013 Kia Pro-Cee'd GT TECH Black (Written Off)
2011 Kia Soul Tempest
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:52pm

Although I would always advocate a towbar-mounted carrier for bikes, if that's out of the question, there are many roof-bar alternatives but not everyone likes bikes on the roof.

For rear-mounting, I like the Saris Bones carriers which are pretty robust while being light enough to manhandle easily.  That said, I ordered a dealer-supply/fit Kia towbar when I ordered my car and the whole shebang with detachable hook and electrics was something of the order of £400 inc. fitting which I thought was pretty reasonable and with the bonus of no aggro because an outside agency had performed the work, should anything go wrong, I'm very happy with that deal.

Edited by Indalo - 12 Jan 2018 at 6:53pm
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
Gdank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:54pm
Thanks Phil,

I've asked about the Dash Cam's too ... my dealership said they spoke to the ordering department at Kia UK and they had no idea about them, even though they are on the website ... the changes they would know if and when about these are a 0.00000000001%.

Also ... none of those have a Sunroof so no idea if that makes  a difference. 

Looked into a wiring kit if I got a rear rack ... not that hard to fit and only £30-45, so all up would only cost me £110 (ish) for rear rack, numberplate/light board, and wiring.

Gdank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Indalo Indalo wrote:

[QUOTE=Gdank]
Although I would always advocate a towbar-mounted carrier for bikes, if that's out of the question, there are many roof-bar alternatives but not everyone likes bikes on the roof.
I don't mind roof ... if I could get the right bars, but no options in the UK as discussed above.

As for the Tow Bar ... I would order a detachable tow bar if I could, but again no options for it on the UK site - I could see if I could get one fitted afterwards, but I know I will pay more for that.

Thanks for the tips on the rear mounted one's.

Gdank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 9:00am
I'm still waiting to find out how we can get hold of the roof racks for the car. from the Dealership.
Australia sell them but buy the time you add shipping they start to get expensive.

Would be nice if I could get a set for cheap so I can take the Stinger out instead of the 2010 Audi A3.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic