FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Replacement Radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rangebyte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangebyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement Radio
    Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:26pm
Love my Soul, now i've had it a while i kind of miss the built in GPS and screen of my old Renault.  Has anyone else fitted a replacement unit with large screen on it?  was thinking something like this:

Sponsored Links

johncm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johncm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 8:38pm
If it,s a U.S model the am frequencies won't line up with most uk stations as Europe tunes in 9kz steps and the U.S. in 10kz steps. The tv is analogue so that's obsolete. Then you will have to buy the tomtom or equivalent software on cd or dvd and hope the operating system is compatible with it. What region does the dvd use if it's region 1 then you have to use U.S. DVD'S, apart from that if it's a double din mount it will fit,  Hope that helps.
Honda goldwing with lots of shiny bits, 09 soul2 petrol with a few shiny bits
Chess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 11:20am
Ive just gone though the pain of buying a GPS/Multifunction unit via a "Daily Deal". Its a waste of money...from China.
There are hardly any instructions and the ones' provided are in Pidgin English! The screen has developed a crack (Its still in its box too!) and I cant set up to my computer via the USB cable.
I have had my fingers burned...unless I got some positive feedback from other Soul owners who have bought this unit I would stay well away!
Ive asked for a refund and am still waiting for my reply...
rangebyte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangebyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 3:57am
Oh not cool :/  Is there a Kia own version?  One that i can get through the dealer network and get them to fit?

It's a shame as the one i linked looks good :(

x
igotsoul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igotsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 4:57pm
I purchased this unit for my old Nissan quashqai, looked the part on the web but when it arrived and was installed I found it was not good at all, the unit was returned a week later. I would avoid personally. Hope this helps
Kia soul Echo (white)
rangebyte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangebyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 8:09pm
well thats that idea definitely squashed!
picasso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 10:07pm
Message to igotsoul - what made you choose the Soul over the Qashqai ?
sylo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 10:09am
Soul for the looks, be different, there are millions of them Qashgai about. Tried one before we got the Tempest. No contest. 
Dave R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 10:37am
Don't forget its a Renualt sorry Nissan, there are so many about so why would you want to drive one like everybody else. Nice to see that Kia was voted no 1 in the latest Which survey , they need now to build on this and look after the people who have bought one of their cars starting with improving some of the dealers.  
Dave R
Fussychick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fussychick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 4:03pm
Well said Dave Clap  I had a survey from Kia regarding my service from the dealer, I think that they may regret sending it to me Embarrassed LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic