FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Rear seats sliders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gezzoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gezzoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear seats sliders
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:51pm
I've just bought a 2006 GS. Managed to take the rear seats out and back but now neither will slide backwards or forwards. I cannot see where the operating bar releases anything to enable it to move. Any ideas please?
Sponsored Links

haribo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:12am
Are your seats fitted back in the correct position? I've just purchased a 2007 2.9 diesel and has a problem similar to this as well.

When you put the seats back you should first position the wheels behind the third cross bar, not the second one. I spent ages trying to get the clamp to lock between the first two bars as it appears more logical but in fact they lock between the second and third bars.

This way the seat sits down correctly and allows the mechanism for the slide to operate. There's a grey button in the middle of the slider that releases it. It pushes towards the rear of the car to release the slider then springs back to lock it.

hope this helps.
Gezzoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gezzoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 4:28pm
That's great, thank you. This is probably the answer as it's not clear which bar it fits on to. And the manual doesn't help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic