FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Random Faults

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RichG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Faults
    Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:25pm
Hi Everyone,

So I was driving along after a long journey then suddenly I got 'SLIF Fault' on my dashboard computer. This resulted in my speed limit reading being disabled and Lane keep assist disabled. After about 3 minutes of driving the warning disappeared and everything was normal! No recurrence.

Also, about a month ago I had another fault in that the boot wouldn't open, the auto headlights didn't switch them on, and the cornering lights stopped working. Also the car took a while to lock after pressing the button on the remote. Left the car 10 mins and everything was ok again. Not done it again.

Anyone else have these problem?

Richard
Sponsored Links

Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by RichG RichG wrote:

Anyone else have these problem?

I can't say I have experienced that fault - just an electronic glitch perhaps?

Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
RichG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:54pm
Probably is. Keeping an eye on it. Just wanted to see if anyone else had a problem.

Richard
T33ADS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T33ADS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:04am
Dirty sensors?

I had a multiple systems disablement that cleared as soon as the front radar panel and windscreen was cleaned after a trip on some very muddy roads in bad weather
Kia Optima Sportwagon GT-Line S 2016
benanderson89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benanderson89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:26pm
Since your car is a 2016 it might have a slightly older software revision on it, and it may have a few bugs.

With things like radar, as my brother has found with his Mercedes CLA Estate, if the sensors and cameras are dirty then they wont function. The SLIF system is a camera built into the back of the rear-view mirror, as an example, and an overly mucky windscreen can render it useless - as can fog or other low visibility conditions.

Edited by benanderson89 - 14 Nov 2017 at 12:26pm
2017 Kia Optima '3'
2016 Ford Mustang GT
2014 Kia Pro_Cee'd GT
RichG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:39pm
I believe the 'slip' fault may be related to dirty windscreen but interestingly I was driving past an RAF base at the time with an airstrip. Maybe some interference may have caused it but I'm guessing. I have driven past the base on many occasions in the past with no problem.

I'm hoping the software is up to date as it's just been into the dealer for a service!

Richard.
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:41pm

You might have been pinged by their radar, or the set on an aircraft which just happened to be pointing at you at the time.

Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic