FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

propshaft bolts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: propshaft bolts
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 5:32pm
Hello all,I am a new member and was wondering if any one Knows the sizes of the bolts for a 8 bolt front propshaft unit on a 2005 model manual.Thanks in anticipation.
Sponsored Links

f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:37pm
what is it
tmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:42pm
I have a 2005 model kia sorento and need to know the bolt sizes to attach a front propshaft ,there are eight .
Bones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:09am
He knows exactly how many there are. He is asking for details of precisely which variant of Sorento it is that you have. There is a reason why the front prop shaft has been removed and it is not good news!

I suggest that you devote some time to browsing the historical posts on this forum.
tmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:46pm
 A thank you Bones,it is a Sorento SE model ,yes I had already come across some articles on the subject of why they had been removed ,and  those articles most probably originated from this site,however trying to find any info on the bolts is most frustrating ,as you allude to this is porbpably not going to be a happy outcome even with a new prop shaft fitted or tried.Any info on the bolts would be really welcome,thanks ,T.Max.
Uvox2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uvox2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:10pm
Hi,

Welcome to the forums tmax.

Maybe ask you now start a thread in the Sorento sub forum as this section is only for introducing yourself.

Paul

Edited by Uvox2 - 10 Jan 2017 at 9:11pm
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:43pm
I think they are 10mm shouldered bolts not sure of the length, but they will be 10.9 strength classification.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic