Print Page | Close Window

Tucsy-Alternative for AndroidAuto-Working on MY16!

Printed From: Kia Owners Club
Category: KIA Models
Forum Name: Sportage 2016+
Forum Description: For model years 2016+
URL: http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39059
Printed Date: 17 Jan 2018 at 7:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.06 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tucsy-Alternative for AndroidAuto-Working on MY16!
Posted By: AtKo
Subject: Tucsy-Alternative for AndroidAuto-Working on MY16!
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 6:04pm
Hi all,

I have MY16 Sportage without Android Auto and I found some working alternative at my neighbor country Italy and I would like to share with you :) I searched on forum but didn't found any topic about this, so I believe this will be first one.

Photo of working youtube :) Mobile is connected over bluetooth and Wifi HOTSpot.

Update: yesterday I wrote this topic like this is 1 on 1 alternative for Android Auto, which is not!Basicly this is only mirroring of your phone to Kia navi with some additional functions. All wireless without USB connections.

Application was developed for Hyundai Tucson but is working also on Kia Sportage as I tried.

Note: everything what you will do, you are doing on your risk. I'm not author of this application, so I'm also not aware of it's functionality, bugs etc. I tired, it works, I'm using it and I'm happy to share with everybody. In any case that won't work, or your radio will freeze, shutdown etc you are taking as a risk.

1.)First download app for car, Tucsy WIN CE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_pgjeNK0v6eVEZheTZKb0h6SDg/view

Download app for Android and install:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.supergoofy.tucsy

And app AndroidWear for messages and install:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.wearable.app&rdid=com.google.android.wearable.app

2.) Extract zip file to USB (one folder "Installer" and exe file "Tucsy")
3.) Make sure you have same name of hotspot and bluetooth name of device (don't know why, maybe can work with different name)
4.) Put USB in car and acces to WinCE and open USB (MD drive). If you know how to do it skip to step 10.
5.) To access Win CE press and hold settings button for few seconds and wait that screen changes to "Device informations"

6.) Press in the middle and hold for few seconds to acces "Test mode" and click OK.
7.) Insert pincode 229877 and hit enter
8.) Click "back" and then clicking button for track up on radio until screen showns with a lot of buttons starting with DSP Reset, AMOS, iTaskMgr, FAN on .....and down below you will find button "Go Out" and click it

9.) Wait few seconds and WIN CE will appear and then after few second folder of "My Device" will open. Such as "My computer" on PC. Open drive "MD", that is your USB key.
10.) When you open MD driver, double click on icon "Tucsy" and you will se some pop-up icon with some arrow which you can move around screen.

11.) Click X to close window and start application "MyShell", this is to go back to "original KIA interface".

12.) You will still see this arrow which you can move. If it is in blue color then it is connected to your phone.

13.) Click on it and application will open.

14.) Below you have few buttons, First one "Hyundai" icon is to return back to KIA interface, second one is for mirroring, third one is for OBD interface and last one for turning off application and installing it on system. Click "installa tucsy auto"

15.) That is on Car side, restart radio.
Now open application on mobile and set all permission ON and settings like this on picture below. And under "Impostazioni generali" on first button "Tucson" make sure that you click on "KIA MOTORS" on dropdown list while connected to car.
 When everything will work you will have shown on main screen of app bluetooth connected (conneso), Wifi tethering active(attiva) and Connessione auto (attiva). You can also allow "forced screen rotation" which is on one side OK but it might be stupid on some app. Try it and you will see :)

Shot of screen while mirroring :)

ENOY and post your photos!!

Regards,
Admir

-------------
www.kabuumsound.si

Replies:
Posted By: Turnup
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:05pm
Nice one - I will give this a try.  Smile

-------------
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line

Posted By: markhig2
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:58pm
Good work Atko, i made a reference to this possibility in the other thread, i had saw it on the Italian forums somewhere. 

You were one of the members i pm'd the instructions to a while ago...your welcome Wink

-------------
2016 Kia Sportage '3' Fusion White
From
Insignia Sports Tourer

Posted By: Othysseus
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:50pm
I've been using it for the last ten days. It is nice considering the development status. Great job

Posted By: Sheets
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:14pm
I love the ingenuity involved but I must be getting old as I cannot see the point!
If I could get youtube on my sat nav screen I would honestly have never used it.
What else can you do with it?

Posted By: keat99
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:35pm
It's Tucsy a stand alone exe or does it run an install and write files.

-------------
2.0 GT Line, In and around Wakefield/Leeds.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Sheets Sheets wrote:

I love the ingenuity involved but I must be getting old as I cannot see the point!
If I could get youtube on my sat nav screen I would honestly have never used it.
What else can you do with it?

You're quite right on the ingenuity involved. You can't drive your car to the dealer bragging about this new app you have running in your car. True. I guess this app won't live too long and I'm sorry about that.
I am one of those that don't care much about AA nor ACP. But I have to admit I would have been happy to wait a couple of months to buy the car with these capabilities simply because my kids would have been happy to stay in the car while we wait for mum or big sister to finish their business.
For me, the grown up (I guess), it means I can see a quick message on the top of the screen, very brief, from my wife, or workmates, or Google (about traffic) and I will deal with the message in the same way I deal with any other traffic indication.
What this Tucsy app does (ugly name though) it use a capability of the AVN2 (mirroring) which is not used in any way by KIA (shame on you KIA).
If you try to use it in an AVN4 (yes, why would you?) it won't work.
Sheets, may be you are one of those that would ask for "faster horses"

Posted By: learoy
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:12pm
do you need to go into settings every time you want to use this app
cheers

-------------
kia 2.0 gt-line in fusion white

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:01pm
got to the part md drive but this folder doesnt show up do you think it may be my usb drive
cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:53pm
learoy, I'm assuming you did save the Tucsy exe file and the folder with the installer on the root of your USB. If that's the case you can put another file, any song, to see if the problem is the USB itself. If you can see it, then there is smtg wrong with the files. Did you unzip it properly?

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 5:26pm
yes ended up with a folder named Tucsy_Auto_Car_Installer
inside this folder a folder named Installer with 2 files inside
and three other files also

-------------

Posted By: xhead
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 6:38pm
You need to put the tucsy exe and the other installer folder in the usb root layer.

-------------
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:25pm
That's right. It is just the exe and the folder with two files. For what you're saying you have a folder with the long name (the extention is .zip)
And inside that folder there is another folder (the installer) and Tucsy.exe
My guess is you drop in the USB the folder with the long name which in fact is a zip file and the system won't read it.
On your computer you need to unzip it and copy in the USB the outcome.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:43pm
learoy, I apologise. I just unzip it myself and is giving me a folder with a long name containing another folder with the same name (nearly) which in time contains the elusive files and the installer folder
It looks like this on my phone

Drop them all to the root of the USB.
It wasn't like that before, probably they changed it on the last update.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:41pm
It was updated on 15th, notice its now got an auto installer.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:52pm
There you go then

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:55am
Will try again later
Cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:42am
do i only copy the ones from your screen shot

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:59am
Yeap. All three files and the folder Installer.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 10:27am
just tried its my usb stick wont read music going to format it to fat32 and try again
cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:25pm
All working just needed to be formatted to fat32 for it to see the sub files all sorted.had a quick play looks good.waze worked a treat
Thankyou

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:48pm
No problem. Keep in mind that it is in development state.
I want to share the configuration I use which will give you a quick pop up message at the top of your screen and then disappears leaving the count of unseen messages on the arrow. So make sure you tick the applications you want to receive notifications from.

It won't blow your mind but it makes me wonder why KIA didn't come up with something like this.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:05pm
Unfortunately I can't use it as the app for android won't run on my phone,

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:46pm
Cheees mate

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:06pm
Sorted, run desktop icons in simple mode.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 10:12am
I'm toying with the idea of having a look at this, but i'm concerned about roll back.
If I don't like it, how would I roll back and remove the app.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 10:49am
There is a uninstall option in its own menu.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 9:52pm
Can people using this tell which mobiles your using. Thanks.

K

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 6:10pm
Moto X Style, android 7.0

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 8:42pm
Galaxy s8

-------------

Posted By: Senor Valasco
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 10:11am
I am interested in installing this to my KX-3.

Can I ask those that have done so...... is it simply a phone screen mirroring solution or does it allow you to control the phone via the car's Infotainment touchscreen (e.g. launch and use phone apps by pressing the relevant icon on the touchscreen)? If it's the former then I'll probably not bother.

Thanks.

-------------
2016 Sportage 2.0 KX-3 AWD CRDI

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 10:19am
Android 7+ allows you to control your phone from the AVN screen, launching an app for example. Below 7 it is simple mirroring, you still need to operate your phone from its own screen.

Posted By: markhig2
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 1:02pm
Must get this this installed!! 

-------------
2016 Kia Sportage '3' Fusion White
From
Insignia Sports Tourer

Posted By: Senor Valasco
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Othysseus Othysseus wrote:

Android 7+ allows you to control your phone from the AVN screen, launching an app for example. Below 7 it is simple mirroring, you still need to operate your phone from its own screen.

Thanks Othysseus. 

Getting tempted now to install it. I have a Huawei Mate 9 running Android 7.0.

-------------
2016 Sportage 2.0 KX-3 AWD CRDI

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:35pm

KIA should do proper software development to use the whole potential of the unit. It is a shame that after paying the price of this car you have to go around to find an application to unleash the mirroring feature.

Posted By: toolpusher
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:59pm
Folks sorry but gave up with this approach a long time ago. I now park at Tesco's or similar in disabled slot due to wife's entitlement where I pick up wifi. Logon to Plex multimedia app on my cell phone, place it on the ledge of the satnav and watch what ever I want to from my home server or bbci player or tvplayer or what ever. Yes cell phone is bit smaller in size but just as good and there's no nag from the satnav to start engine.
I spent months with my first sporty and think I did finally manage to get it to play video to some extent, usb drives , accessing the windows system etc too much hassle. Gave up as soon as I got it to work . Honest!!!

-------------
2017 2.0 CRDi SPORTAGE KX-5
Previous
2014 2.0 CRDI SPORTAGE KX-4 auto
2011 2.0 CRDI SPORTAGE KX-3 auto

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”(Mark Twain)

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:49pm
I'm not trying to sell you the idea. If it doesn't suits you it's fine. It has nothing to do with playing video, or a movie from your USB.
You just replicate the features of your phone screen on the screen of your AVN. You want to use Google Maps? Check! Sygic or Waze? Check! WhatsApp? Check! Gmail or Blue mail? Check! Spotify or Google music play or Amazon music? Check! Masha or the Swedish cook on YouTube? Check! Reply notifications? Check! Reed the news on your favourite browser on an 8 inches screen? Guess what? Check! Do you want to operate your camera for the fun of it? Check this one too. Just name it, and without plugging the USB cable (yes you proud AVN4 owners, I'm talking to you) . Just straightforward streaming, I found it brilliant.
You can do all of that using a non-KIA designed application.
It does suits me mate. Big time.

Posted By: Fuddy Ruck
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:25pm
Hi, this does sound good , but I was wondering if  you are able to do all of the above actions while driving , eg , watch Youtube videos or do you have to be parked  for most of them to function? 
Cheers

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:41pm
Yes. You are able to do all that while you're driving.
I'm not talking here about whether this is good or bad, safe or crazy, great or stupid. I guess all that is clear to all of us (fingers crossed).
I am able to smash people's fingers with a hammer, but I prefer to use it in the way it is meant to be use.
Are we clear?

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:45pm

I'm not trying to sell you the idea. If it doesn't suits you it's fine. It has nothing to do with playing video, or a movie from your USB.
You just replicate the features of your phone screen on the screen of your AVN. You want to use Google Maps? Check! Sygic or Waze? Check! WhatsApp? Check! Gmail or Blue mail? Check! Spotify or Google music play or Amazon music? Check! Masha or the Swedish cook on YouTube? Check! Reply notifications? Check! Read the news on your favourite browser on an 8 inches screen? Guess what? Check! Do you want to operate your camera for the fun of it? Check this one too. Just name it, and without plugging the USB cable (yes you proud AVN4 owners, I'm talking to you) . Just straightforward streaming, I found it brilliant.
You can do all of that but using a non-KIA designed application.
It does suits me mate. Big time.

Sorry points taken onboard but still not for me cellphone can do same ok smaller screen-you young guys why you need bigger screen??

-------------
Previous

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”(Mark Twain)

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:51pm
I don't need it. I just want it desperately!

Posted By: Fuddy Ruck
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:06pm
Lol ! I got warned about invalidating my insurance , warranty and causing cataracts to earthworms just for installing some LED headlights . Wait till those people on my thread find out you can watch Youtube videos (if you would wish to ) while driving , they´ll have a field day LOL 

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:22pm
Thanks for mentioning that. You will have your insurance and your warranty invalidated, and you will cause cataracts to wildlife if you install LED headlights.

Posted By: Marki66
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:14pm
I can't get past this step:

11.) Click X to close  https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=window" rel="nofollow - window  and start application "MyShell", this is to go back to "original  https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=kia" rel="nofollow - KIA  interface".

I can close the window but clicking on the MyShell shortcut doesn't do anything for me.  Even going into Windows Start mode and clicking on MyShell doesn't do anything.  I get the moveable arrow from Tusky within Windows but can't get it with the normal Kia display.  So I cannot get out of Windows.

Fortunately switching off and leaving for a couple of minutes causes it to boot into normal Kia mode.

-------------
2016 Kia Sportage 2.0 CDRI KX-3
2017 Kia Rio 1.4 CRDI 2

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:15pm
Need to click twice, short 1-2 will do.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:16pm
^^^ Tried all that - I'm used to Windows!

-------------
2017 Kia Rio 1.4 CRDI 2

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:11pm
Wow!! Slow down a bit, maybe Bill Gates is jealous about your windows expertise, no doubt about it Wink. But you are missing something somewhere and that's why you are here, right?
You don't need to wait to restart the unit, you can do that using the little reset button on top of the power button/dial (you'll need a pen or a toothpick).
When you restart the unit you should be able to see the grey arrow. If you do, do carry on with step 13th.
If you don't, carefully review the process and try again. See if you are using your fingers (don't get fizzy) properly.
Be aware that the pics are showing a previous version of the app, the last one has some files (two more) and one of them is an auto-installer.
There is a pic of my own phone showing the files of the last version some posts up. To be fair I didn't get it right the first time, I had to try several times. Have another go mate.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:45am
My problem is I get everything working but the taskbar of windows overlays when back to media or radio screens.

K

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:56am
I read about this in the Italian forum. I would say, check the VIN number of your car, the 10th digit must be "G". If is different the app won't work.
Download the files again and make sure they are not corrupted, reinstall.
PM Atko for help.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 7:57am
Will tr that, cheers

K

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:04pm
Right, got it installed, no taskbar showing, dont know what happened last time, however it now doesnt show the app when I come back and restart the car.

K

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:03pm
Just a question and honestly I wont look at this post any more. Is it worth it guys just to see a  few vids on  your Kia screen. I spent so many wasted hours 7 years ago trying to get the same as you are trying to do. Just use your cell phone now !!

-------------
Previous

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 11:04pm
Oh boy, another post. Why not, in the end you toolpusher have a good question. What is the whole point about this silly app. Just to watch videos? Pfff, I managed to watch videos, Swedish cook obviously, on my Tom Tom 920 back in 2009. The main reason, just the fun of it. Simple.
Back to the question this app is so much more than watching videos. First of all I want to make clear I have nothing to do with the developer. I acknowledge that his job has a massive potential but sadly I struggle to see its future.
Tucsy app has two features, the more visible phone mirroring and the quite ODBII reader.
About the phone mirroring we spoke about it quite a bit. If you are more interested in the ODBII stuff then you can buy a ODBII scanner with WiFi capabilities, plug it in and then you can see statistics on the AVN screen including the time or mileage to the next DPF regeneration (that is very interesting).
To me Tucsy represents the possibility to have a notification on the top of the screen. It is just a tag that pops down briefly with the header of the message. It could be from Google to say something went bang on M5, a weather alert, a message from my missis, calendar notification. Whatever I previously gave permission to show notifications through Tucsy, if I touch the tab it will show the body of the message. If I don't touch it that tag will move back up and disappears leaving the count of unseen messages on the arrow.
All the rest of the goodies are for my kid, he can watch YouTube, send emoji to mum, listen his Amazon music list, and take pictures if he wants to. Why wouldn't he, he's the owner of the car and the owner of my phone also. No need to say he's the owner of my heart too. Sorry Uvox2, I'll get back to the subject.
It is for this goodies that you need mirroring capability, let's say you prefer to use Waze for navigation. Actually there is a button on the Tucsy UI to enable it so you can command your phone from the AVN screen. Or you can say OK Google take me home, and then you get home with Big G without touching anything. When you arrive it will tell you welcome home, seriously.
Whoever is after watching videos you better look somewhere else.

Posted By: kar999
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 12:24am
I can think of one very useful way to use this which would be to run and mirror Alpine Quest app.

It's a paid for app from Google Play store but it runs full Ordnance Survey Maps (Memory Maps) as well as other maps. (There is a free version also with limited functions.)

I use it on my phone as the OS mapping is far superior to any Sat Nav maps especially in rural areas but an 8" screen would be must better than a phone in a cradle.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:44pm
maybe refernence to the VIN ought to have been at the beginning .
Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 8:23pm
Right you are, I know about it because it is said in the KIA Italian forum. The developer is Alessandro Tagliati, you will find information on Hyundai Italy forum too.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:38pm
I'm struggling to connect.
I have the Tucsy app running and can get in to the blue screen, but cant get my phone to connect.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 6:21pm
turned out to be the wifi tether and bluetooth having different names.
It did eventuslly connect, but now I only get half of the screen, so lose half of my icons.
If I disable force horizontal display, then I get the full screen, but now it's so small I can't see anything.

I then tried to play something on Spotify, and couldn't get the play button to respond, despite the audio unit beeping on the screen press, the play button wouldn't activate.
But worked when i pressed it on the phone.

I think it needs a littl more development before I take it up full time.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 8:28am
Also noticed two other issues, which wern't apparent before.

1. My Head unit hung twice last night, resulting in me having to press the reset button.
2. The Android app appears to be messing with Firefox browser. My Browser screen was the size of a postage stamp this morning.

I reset the app and cleared the cache etc, but still the same.
removed the Tucsy app, and Firefox was OK.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 8:34am
Maybe it's time to wait for further improvements. I had some hassle to install it but after that it runs OK. Few glitches here and there, nothing major.

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 8:27pm
I can't get any sound when the screen is mirrored.

Samsung galaxy 6 running nougat.

Keith

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 8:31pm
The source of the sound is Bluetooth, click media button to select.

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 8:34pm
Ah! Thanks for that. 👍

Keith

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 9:13am
Thinking that I may have been too hasty to write it off, I had another play last night.

Same issue, Tucsy definately interferes with Firefox, it's doing something I don't like, which worries me, what else could it be doing.

Also, when Tucsy (phone app) is in Horizontal mode, I am losing all icons south of the midpoint.
When it's in vertical mode, the display is smaller than my actual phone screen.

Also icons are unresponsive.
Clicking on an app 20 times, the head unit will beep, but the app won't launch, sometimes launching the app next to it, as if the screen calibration is out.

It has potential to be something great, but still needs work.

Galaxy S7 by the way.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 9:20am
Is there a way to provide feedback for the software - I personally think the more capable of us that try it out and notify glitches the better it will become (assuming that the developer wants to improve it).

I'll get back to testing tomorrow when I get the car back - the wife has been using the Sportage in the snow with the 4-wheel drive - but I've had some fun in the Rio in the snow.  Both great cars to drive.

-------------
2017 Kia Rio 1.4 CRDI 2

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 11:02am
The feedback on Google Play goes straight to the developer.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 5:41pm
Works a treat... Fixed it in landscape mode for biggest view.

Using Google Assistant voice recognition to make hands free calls "ok Google make a call home".

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:23pm
It happens to me too, in portrait mode goes bananas but in landscape works ok. I'm glad you are taking the hand of it

Posted By: crankup
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:03pm
All installed.  
Can you clarify what needs configuring on phone and on car unit for connection to work please.

Smile

-------------
><>-----   66 Kia Sportage KX-2 CRDi in Planet Blue   -----<><

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 2:09pm
On the car not much. Open up the app on your phone and play with the settings until you you're happy or until you have enough

Posted By: PaulSportageAWD
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 3:51pm
Will this procedure work on the Mk 3 sportage? I have the sat nav unit fitted in mine.

Thanks

-------------
2014 Kia Sportage 2.0 AWD KX-3

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 6:47pm
Works straight off with wifes sony Xperia which has just had software upped to android 7.0

Keith

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:57pm
To PaulsportageAWD
I don't think so. It works on AVN LG5020, VIN 10th digit "G". I'm aware of Tucson, Sportage, Cee'd GT line, all '16. There are some reports that it's working on Rio too, but the Italian forum has 18 pages and I want to go to bed now

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 9:50pm
Works on Venga also.

Keith

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 4:38pm
Finally got it working.  No matter what I tried I could not get MyShell to work to get me back to the Kia interface.  I thought that it might be the shortcut not working so found the actual MyShell program within Windows CE and that wouldn't work either.  So eventually I just ignored that step and opened the app and installed it.  Once I reset the system the Kia interface came up with the blue Tucsy arrow.
Originally posted by keat99 keat99 wrote:

Also, when Tucsy (phone app) is in Horizontal mode, I am losing all icons south of the midpoint.
When it's in vertical mode, the display is smaller than my actual phone screen.
Same with me (also running on an S7) - I have rearranged the icons on my home screen to give me the 8 most useful ones for displaying.  You've also got the 5 fixed ones at the bottom of the screen so that you have 13 icons in landscape mode on home screen.

It's a shame that many apps are designed for working in portrait mode - for instance Google Maps takes up much of the screen with the search bar at the top or modes along the bottom, leaving just over half the screen area for the actual map. 

Now to see how practical it is when on the road.

-------------
2017 Kia Rio 1.4 CRDI 2

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 5:08pm
In advance settings there is an option (actually the only option) to improve the use of Samsung mobiles. See if that helps.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 5:46pm
Have you set the mirroring percentage in tucsy to 100.

keith

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 8:24pm
Yup. It will never be as good as the phone's screen but it is very good. Responsiveness is very good as well, you may miss touching a letter or a number that is just on the edge but you can expect that happening.

Posted By: Tom Boeckx
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 8:47am
Hello,
Nice to meet you all. I am new on this forum. I discovered this forum while surfing the internet to find information regarding installing Android auto on my Hyundai Tucson of 2017. I live in Belgium and did already a few attempts to get Android auto running, unfortunately without succes. I have a question: the 10th digit of my V number is not a G, it is a H. Will the Tucsy App work? Thanks a lot in advance! Tom

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 10:51am
Hi Tom. I'm guessing you ended up here after you tried (several times) to install AA with no success, then you contacted (several times) your local dealer with no success, then you tried (several times) in local forums with no success.
I believe you should push the dealer to sort this out for you, AA matter I mean. No need to say you better don't mention Tucsy to them, right?   
If you want information about Tucsy you can visit
https://www.tucsy.it

or you can contact Atko in this forum.
To the best of my knowledge the straight answer will be "No"

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 5:39pm

In advance settings there is an option (actually the only option) to improve the use of Samsung mobiles. See if that helps.
I've just found it on my phone - need to see what effect it has in the car later on.

I've also started to run Android Auto and mirror that, where the screens are optimised for displaying on a car screen - Maps is much more useable.

I also sent a comment on the Tuscy website pointing them to this thread and asking about an English user interface.  
Originally posted by </span><span email=supo@tucsy.it name=Tucsy Auto -card-id=supo@tucsy.it =gd= style=font-size: 12.8px; font-weight: bold; white-space: nowrap; display: inline; vertical-align: top; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif;>Tucsy Auto</span><span style=color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; white-space: nowrap;> </span><span =go= style=vertical-align: top; color: rgb85, 85, 85; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; white-space: nowrap;><span aria-=true><</span>supporto@tucsy.it<span aria-=true>> Tucsy Auto <supporto@tucsy.it> wrote:

Hi,
you made a nice work as a tutorial on your forum :-)

As for your suggestions I already planned to add official Kia Sportage (but also other models) support, as soon as I'll have a bit of time I'll write supported models on the website too. And also multi-language support is planned and in the work.

Please, provide feedback from your forum as it will be a useful for further develop.

Regards,
    Alessandro

That thanks is for AtKo for his tutorial.

Also any suggestions or bugs provide them with feedback:
http://www.tucsy.it/segnalazioni/" rel="nofollow - https://www.tucsy.it/segnalazioni/

-------------
2017 Kia Rio 1.4 CRDI 2

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 8:04pm
Hello Atko,
Thanks for sharing this useful information! I have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson and I am interested in getting the Tucsy software installed. I noticed however in the replies to your post that Tucsy might not work on all Tucson models (apparently only on Tucson with 10th digit is a G)? I live in Belgium and the 10 th digit of my V number is a H. Do you think Tucsy will work?

Thanks and kind regards,
Tom

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:48pm

If you want information about Tucsy you can visit
https://www.tucsy.it" rel="nofollow - https://www.tucsy.it

or you can contact Atko in this forum.
To the best of my knowledge the straight answer will be "No"

Thanks for that link. Opened in chrome and translating it automatically to English is really useful.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:19am
I tried AA this morning, it was a mess. I couldn't switch off the AVN, the reversing camera image got frozen . Maybe there is a conflict with Android Wear. I'll try different settings but so far it's not good. I will happily avoid AA.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 6:15pm
Somehow I seem to be stuck with this OBD notification if I get in and out of my car. I have to force stop the app on my phone to get rid of it.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:18pm
I think you need to select your car as ODB2 target even though you may not be interested on it. But in doing so it should stop the notification, which is a searching notification. I bit like the one that makes you aware of Wi-Fi signal.
That's my setting and I don't have the notification.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:15pm
Running torque pro.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:32am
Hello Atko,
First of all, many thanks for sharing this information, I have followed all the steps described below and the installation was succesful but I am currently stuck at the step where I need to connect my smartphone. The arrow is however visible on the original interface but it is not connected since it is not highlighted in blue color. I have added 2 screenshots:

Do you have any guidance on what I should do now? I have tried several things already but I cannot mirror the screen of my smartphone (Huawei P9 lite with Android 7.0).

Looking forward to your answer,
Tom

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 8:11am
The icon will need to turn blue.
Take a look at the Tucsy settings in one of the earlier posts.
You'll also need to allow Tucsy permissions, but the interface is in Italian, so is a bit tricky.

In Impostazioni generali, ensure the car is listed in the very first box.
Also make sure Utilizza access point esterno is disabled.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:27pm
Hi,
I have checked both the Tucsy settings and the permissions, they seem to be OK. Also the car is listed in impostazioni generali. However when I check the Tucsy App it says Bluetooth auto connected bult Connessione auto non connesso. See picture pls The icon is not turning blue. I don't know what to do to connect the car...anybody who can advise?

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:36pm
Tom, do you have the speed camera on navigation UI? If the answer is no, then hot spot is not enabled or there is no WiFi connection between your phone and the car.
Once your car gets data connection, Tucsy arrow will turn blue and the speed camera will be on the screen too.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 6:06pm
Make sure that you have bluetooth and the wifi Mobile hotspot switched on and shows as connected.  Also make sure that your Bluetooth device name and your mobile hotspot name are exactly the same:

-------------
2017 Kia Rio 1.4 CRDI 2

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.06 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.co.uk