Forum Description: Rio 2011-2017
URL: http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34239
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.06 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: a/c drain pipe
Posted By: monkeydave
Subject: a/c drain pipe
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 9:04pm
is the rio a/c drain pipe one pipe from the back of the unit all the way under the car or a two piece with a join somewhere ?

thanks

Replies:
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 11:58pm
panic over it is dripping lots now 

Posted By: grumpycrdi
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm
Any progress with the water ingress problem?

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by grumpycrdi grumpycrdi wrote:

Any progress with the water ingress problem?

thanks for asking, its going in tomorrow (mon 9th) i have had the hosepipe on it today and the rear door is leaking inbetween the door and the inner plastic door panel which is the vapor seal that needs resealing. it gets wet at the front side carpet near the petrol release and in the drivers foot well. the back foot well gets very wet including the side carpet.

so i think it is fix rear door seal, fix both right hand door inner rubber seals and suck the water out and hopefully that will be that.

i bet they wont have them in stock though or just bodge it.

it isnt anything to do with the front of the car as the entire left side of the car and boot is dry as is a strip of carpet under the pedals also the roof lining is dry too.

i might remind them that if it doesnt get fixed this time i will be rejecting the car under warranty as it isnt fit for purpose, that might focus their minds better.

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:44pm
well they saw the dripping rear door i told them about and have ordered a new seal hopefully being delivered tomorrow, so with luck i should get my car back tomorrow night

they still didn't pull the carpets out just some door trim to check, i hope they vac some of the water up as it is begging to smell and who knows what wires are under there.

also i will be able to see if it is getting better or not too

the only worrying thing is that i know it is leaking in the rear door which is where most of the water is but i cant see it going over the sill to get into the back door, i hope that is the only leak like they said it was

it seems to be a common fault for bmw cars this rear door vapor barrier but the pics i have seen show the water on the bottom sill rubber seal too not just on the sill on the outside

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 5:02pm
Keep at them till its right. Personally I wouldn't buy a wheelbarrow from your dealer!

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:18pm

Keep at them till its right. Personally I wouldn't buy a wheelbarrow from your dealer!

yeah your right but its the only kia one near me and no hyundi either so i took a chance as i do like the car

hope i get it back tomorrow after work, the part is in tomorrow (hopefully it is the for the correct door) as i have seen people wait weeks for a part like an alternator on this forum.

i have never seen a rear door seal leak on a rio on any internet page, mostly bmw's

i still dont know how it can get over the sill and onto the carpet as i have never seen any water on the sills unless it rolls under the plastic of the bottom of the plastic door panel and drops down onto the carpet, the amount of water is probably right for the amount of wet carpet for the time it has been raining though so who knows

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:04pm
got it back now and it is keeping the water out good now, no water comming through the bottom of the door and door card just out the drain holes as normal, i just got to finish drying the carpet out now

it was coming from the rubber seal around the window frame and they replaced it, they said they never had one go before

so hopefully it is all fixed now, i am really happy and suprised with the result that i got from the dealer on this warranty job

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:26pm
Hope its ok now. The dealer is bullshining you about the window seal. I mentioned the window seals in your other post because it has happened before. Really hope its finally fixed
Regards grumpy

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:03pm
i poured 3 big bottles of water over the door tonight and the bottom of the door is dry so i think it is ok now  hopefully and there is the same amount of water like the other side passenger door so fingers crossed as it is a stormy weekend ahead

when you say the door seals have happened before, what happened? it is the outer seal they replaced round the black window frame it feels really plyable and better than the origional one

thanks

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:43pm
It stopped the leak!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:52am

It stopped the leak!

well yippee lol Big smile thanks for that

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:34pm
well the water is back and i have had enough of the problems with this car so im off to toyota, get my yaris on wednesday so im saying goodbye to you all and thanks for the help

and if i can say one thing before i go for anyone reading this

DO NOT BUY ANY CAR FROM ARNOLD CLARK

and even if it is another make of car

DO NOT BUY ANY CAR FROM ARNOLD CLARK

cheers guys

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 9:07pm
Sorry to hear this Dave, I thought it was fixed! Better luck with your next car

Posted By: Lancelot1937
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 9:08pm
I wonder how many times that I've heard that said!

-------------
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2014

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 10:53pm

Sorry to hear this Dave, I thought it was fixed! Better luck with your next car

yes it is a shame i thought so too but it must be coming in somewhere else as well im just cutting my losses

thanks for the help

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Lancelot1937 Lancelot1937 wrote:

I wonder how many times that I've heard that said!

well i hope people take note and steer well clear of them, we now know why they had VW and honda franchise taken off them

Posted By: Toxic VR7
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 9:45am
What`s the reg number so we can advise the next owner if they join this site? Good luck with your Yaris. I`ve had dealings with 2 Arnold Shark dealerships. The first one was crap and I`ll never go back but the one I got the Mondeo from was very good. Car sales are all a lottery nowadays I think.

-------------
Elvira was a 3Door VR7 1.25 Petrol in Midnight Black Metallic.Gone to a new home now.Juan is her car,it`s a 1.1D Air in Midnight Black Metallic.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.06 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.co.uk