URL: http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34237
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:21am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.06 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Personal Contract Hire
Posted By: megandlol
Subject: Personal Contract Hire
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 1:08pm
Hi
My current sporty is on a contract hire scheme (3-1.7crdi) is due back in April and I fancy another one but this time the 4-1.7crdi, I have currently had a couple of offers on a 3x35 contract with 8k per year with £903 up front payment and £301 per month thereafter.

I was wondering if anyone one here was on a similar PCH scheme and if they managed to get a better deal than the ones I have been offered, the deal includes delivery,metalic paint & road tax for the term but no maintenance.

Cheers    

Replies:
Posted By: martyg
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 1:28pm
It might be worth going to the website http://www.carwow.co.uk" rel="nofollow - www.carwow.co.uk they get prices from various kia agents in your location 

Posted By: kia62
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 1:34pm
My gen 4 Isg3 is 3+35 at £294.60 for 10000 pa including servicing so your quotes aren't out of the way.Incidentally I'd be interested in how they appraise your car on your hand back to the company.

-------------
white sportage ISG3

Posted By: garynic2
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 1:49pm
Mine is a "4" 1.7 Crdi and is £329 over 24 months with 15000 per year ........Life is to short to have the same car for 3 years Approve

-------------
Kia Sportage 1.7CRDi ISG 4 Silver Frost

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:11pm
Totally agree,this was my first foray into this market and I was partially governed by the fact I had a car to sell and couldn't wait to sell it privately.Next time will defo be 24 months,and the whole market will be mine to choose from

-------------
white sportage ISG3

Posted By: jaybro187
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:34pm
I have mine on lease and ordered it just before the price increase in oct.

Ive got 66 plate gt line in dark gun metal grey which was free.

I paid 750 deposit and 250 a month for 4 yrs and can do 10k a year

Posted By: Signman
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 5:42pm
I trawled the internet and could get close to what you are paying over the 36 months (around £12500). You've done pretty well if leasing is the way you like to go.

I had a business lease on a 2010 Mazda 6 from Lex as arranged by a Mazda main dealer. The hand back was to an agent who came to my house and spent about 30 minutes looking over the vehicle with his check list before having me sign the release and putting his trade plates on it to take it to a compound near Gatwick.

I had taken advice and photographed all angles inside and out and all four wheels as well as the two keys and dashboard mileage. No repercussions and I see on the DVLA website that it has an export marker on it now with the tax and mot overdue - I think it went to a RHD Asian country like Singapore or Malaysia from what I've read online.

-------------
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 20k miles covered ave 47mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.

Posted By: byte blue
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 1:36pm
CARWOW is definitely worthwhile trying, you will get prices from dealers all over the country and you can use the cheapest quote as a bargaining tool with your local dealer. They may not match it but get close enough to make the deal worthwhile. You can show them the quote is they insist to prove the figures. I did all of the above and the local dealer managed to get to within a couple of hundred pounds of the cheapest quote so I bought from them instead of the best quote which was a few hundred miles away.

-------------
1.7 2 Diesel 2012 BYTE BLUE
1,7 3 Diesel 2014 TECHNO ORANGE

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 4:18pm
Hi
Thanks very much for all your replies its all very informative and i have registered with carwow so i will see what happens on that front.
I would be interested were Kia62 & jaybro187 sourced their cars from as they sound very good deals and my quote doesn't have maintenance included.
The same dealer has quoted me on a 3x35 £276 a month for a 3 with panoramic roof which seems reasonable.

Cheers
Paul

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 5:30pm
Mine was from Lookers Newcastle but it doesn't include maintenance only servicing,there is a difference

-------------
white sportage ISG3

Posted By: Florida21
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 8:31am
Got my 1.7 ISG 2 in metallic from Kia Direct. 6+23 at £197 month. Total over 2 yrs is £5700. No maitenance.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 9:37am
Best thing about contract hire ....there is no messing about with part exchange, no hassle with the dealer flogging all the "essentual" extras like paint protection and wheel and tyre insurance etc....and you can then go get whatever car you want....currently there is a deal on an infinity q50 saloon car for £285 ish over 2 years. If my term was up I would be very tempted. Who knows what I will get next time but its all great fun....

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:26pm
Hi
I've today ordered a Sportage 1.7crdi 4 in Alchemy Green (I like being different but may live to regret that choice!!) on a PCH hire 3x35 & 8k per anum for £301 per month so thanks for every one for your help.

Paul

Posted By: Sheets
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by garynic2 garynic2 wrote:

Best thing about contract hire .....

It all depends on your definition of best I suppose?

Paying £6k to 'borrow' a Sportage for two years would not be mine! Whilst I appreciate you get a huge reduction in hassle, you do pay dearly for that service.

Posted By: bigc218
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 9:19pm
what's the difference with a pcp and a lease?

If you never plan to actually buy the car then a lease makes perfect sense, there is minimal deposit and if you get maintenance included like mine then hassle free. 

I pay £349 per month via salary sacrifice for 2 years , I sold my old car a passat for £8500 which I have invested. If I wanted the same deal with kia when I get mine in April I needed to put £5000 deposit to pay £319 per month over 3 years.

-------------
2016 kia sportage isg 4 1.7d. Fusion white

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Sheets Sheets wrote:

Originally posted by garynic2 garynic2 wrote:

Best thing about contract hire .....

It all depends on your definition of best I suppose?

Paying £6k to 'borrow' a Sportage for two years would not be mine! Whilst I appreciate you get a huge reduction in hassle, you do pay dearly for that service.

I'd rather pay £6k to "borrow" it than pay £25,000+ to own it Cry..........

I have £0 tied up in my car and the feeling is greatClap

and remember I haven't paid £6k until the last payment is made...which will take 2 years to drip feed across LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:16pm
Agree there,no way do I keep cars for years and years 3 would be maximum for me.If I PCH again it'll only be for 2 years.The way I look at I,m paying for the depreciation, then end of term chop it for another new one.

-------------
white sportage ISG3

Posted By: jaybro187
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:59pm
I got mine from intelligent car leasing. They was very good start to finish no extra selling and all done over emails

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:36pm
some great accountant once said, if it appreciates buy it if it depreciates lease it.....

Cars are money pits. I like the no hassle of just add fuel that leasing gives me, as I only have it 2 years I won't even need to have it serviced. 

-------------

Posted By: Kigoiuk
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:44pm
I priced up a lease on a 2.0 manual gt line after deposit and monthly payments it came to £10.556 
for two years 
if I did it again with another new car after two years for the same period and no price change it would cost another £10.556
after four years a total of £21.000 and no car 

yet I paid £23.500 for a GT line with 5 years service included and after 4 years I would still own a car worth around 40 to 45% of its new value and still with 3 years warranty and one years servicing left  . or say £10.000 worth of Car 

If you do the maths you will find in the LONG RUN it is more cost effective to buy than lease .

the only benefit of leasing is you get a new car every 2 years on the above example .
and you do not empty your savings of one large lump sum .

whatever way you choose to Drive a Sportage ,
if your happy paying for not actually owning the car then all well and good .

I'm a bit old fashioned in that I prefer to actually own the Car .

I may change my point of view if the figures to lease where more attractive but at the moment they are not .
What people also have to take into account is money in the bank is Dead money as no interest is being paid , so where is it better suited , useing it to get a good cash deal to buy a car or emptying it gradually over 4 years on the same type of car and left with nothing after it .

I can pay back into my savings account a payment monthly equal to the lease to put the balance back in that was taken out 4 years previously , so at 4 years I have leased the car to myself and still have the CAR and my account has been replenished .

-------------
2016 66reg Sportage 2.0 GT Line manual in Red
2007 Sportage xs silver 90.000 miles and still going strong

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:01am
I think the price you were quoted is madness. Just looked up a GT line which would be about £7500 for 2 years. Yes you would own the car and yes it would be cheaper in the long run.
But using your scenario I could lease the same car 3 times taking us to 6 years and I would have paid less. You would be the proud owner of a 6 year old car, I will have nothing
Leasing is not for everyone I agree, it is only my second lease and my last car which I had to reject was fully paid for with cash. When I got my refund it was at that moment a light went on and I realised that having all that money depreciating on the driveway was crazy. The lease car has no real commitment except for 3 months deposit and then you rent as you go.....This suits me at the moment, and remember I am driving a £27000+ car for £1000 deposit. You are running an ageing car having to deal with MOT's, road tax etc......And you tipped up £23500 for the privelage.
The real way to save money in a car is to buy used at about 12 months and run it into the ground, a friend paid £12k for a Nissan Quahqai and it is still going strong at 160k but each to their own. Maybe next time I will do similar.....Leasing gives me 2 years breathing space without any commitment or hassle....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:14am
2010-2013 I leased a Mazda 6 with full maintenance/service/tyres.
60,000 miles cost me the best part of £18k with no choice to keep the car or use any 'equity' for the next lease 3 months up front.
Hand back was ok because it was mint, but increasingly I read of leasing companies trying to argue about fair wear and tear and I would not want that stress every time.

My 2016 Sportage will cost me on pcp £13k for 36 months/60k miles with free servicing as part of the deal (so only tyres and VED to worry about) which is a HUGE £5k saving on the leased Mazda (which was also a cheaper vehicle list price).

Unlike the leased Mazda, with the pcp Sportage I have the option to buy it for £11.5k, chop it in for another Kia (with maybe a few quid in my favour when it's valued) or hand it back after discussing fair wear and tear. The £5k saving over 3 years and the options available make pcp my favoured choice.

-------------
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 20k miles covered ave 47mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:21am
Never really considered PCP as the deposit is so high.....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:08am
You can do many pcp's with little or no deposit? Some lease agreements are 3+ or even 6+ monthly payment to begin so a typical £300pm lease would need £900 or even £1800 down plus the first month?

I made no actual monetary deposit my 2014 sporty had £1k equity (dealer's valuation less redemption of previous pcp as I did it early), plus I got £2k discount off list and the Kia pcp added £500 deposit allowance and free 3 year service plan. I also got free paint protection and mud flaps fitted.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Signman Signman wrote:

You can do many pcp's with little or no deposit? Some lease agreements are 3+ or even 6+ monthly payment to begin so a typical £300pm lease would need £900 or even £1800 down plus the first month?

I made no actual monetary deposit my 2014 sporty had £1k equity (dealer's valuation less redemption of previous pcp as I did it early), plus I got £2k discount off list and the Kia pcp added £500 deposit allowance and free 3 year service plan. I also got free paint protection and mud flaps fitted.

seems a good deal...well done youEmbarrassed

my car was £990 deposit and first payment begins after 1 month.....I am quite a fanatical cleaner of cars so have no worries about fair wear and tear policy. Have you seen some of the examples they give of what is not acceptable lol......

Can't believe there are people out there who abuse cars so muchAngry

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:58am
Indeed Garynic2 - the way some people treat possibly the second or third greatest expense in life (behind their home & family) does make me wonder.

Although I cover 20k miles a year they are mostly easy, off peak motorway ones and a couple of stone chips is about the worse of it for me - but some of the tatty interiors and scuffed wheels/bumpers on many under 3 year old cars which I conclude are mostly on finance does beggar belief.

On the matter of my deal, I was quite chuffed with myself but I think I did well because I waited for the initial February 2016 new generation rush to die down and I went for the luxury/safety features of the less popular 4 rather than the fashionable sportiness of the GT Line. For the new 2017MY and the changing economic outlook I'm not so sure my dealer could be so generous?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:06pm
I may have not mentioned but my deal through work covers tax, insurance and maintenance so I literally put fuel in. Having seen so much of my cash lost through depreciation on my last few cars I am happy to walk away after 2 years with nothing. 

It may not suit me forever but currently it's a good deal. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.06 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.co.uk