Forum Description: Soul 2014+
URL: http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27987
Printed Date: 20 Oct 2017 at 1:40pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.06 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Brake pedal recall
Posted By: Sidz
Subject: Brake pedal recall
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:03pm
My vehicle is due in tomorrow to have this work done. Has anyone else had this done? Is there any difference in bake feel afterwards & what exactly does it entail? I'll post my thoughts after its been done. Model year 15 Soul Mixx.

Replies:
Posted By: Troute
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 5:12pm
Mine's a 15 C+, not heard anything but it's only 7 weeks old so maybe it's already had whatever needs doing, done.

-------------
I keep getting this nagging feeling I was supposed to be doing something with my life.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 11:39am
If you login to the owners area of the Kia website you may find a message alerting you of an outstanding action required to your vehicle. You should receive details of the MyKia owners area in the post. Your vehicle may not require action as mine was on the cusp of the fault being rectified at the factory. My car is 4 months old. It is an advisory fix that can be left until your next service but I felt I wanted it done sooner rather than later.

Posted By: mexicanbeetle
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 4:59am
due to get my brake pedal done in the next couple of weeks
+ something related to airbag

-------------

aircooled

Posted By: Gazza1970
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:40am
Does anyone know what the issue is with the brake pedal to warrant a recall,
Mine seems to have developed a intermittent fault where the brakes sometimes seem to be slow at releasing after pressing the brake pedal.      So I'm wondering if this is what the recall is for.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 10:33pm
What a load of balls
I emailed Kia as I didn't have the code to login into the owners area to check to see if my car has any recalls and they told me as my car was registered to Kia uk first then I can't have the code. Even though i told them it was brand new with only 4 mile on the clock when I bought it .

Here's the email they sent me .

Thanks for your email.

Currently, customers who buy a nearly new Kia are unable to register for MyKia.

We're looking in to ensuring that all Kia owners are able to use this new feature and will look to update you when this becomes available.

I hope this answers your questions. If you do need any other help please get in contact with us on – 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards
Meg Corr

Kia Motors UK

Posted By: Troute
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:40am
They gave you a phone number, call them if you're worried about it.

-------------
I keep getting this nagging feeling I was supposed to be doing something with my life.

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:55am
I rang my local dealer where I bought my car and its booked in next week to be checked out,

Posted By: Supacabby
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 8:37am
Had mine done, no idea what they did, no difference in pedal feel or travel, hth.

-------------
Had 3 x Mk2 Carens, 2 x Mk3 Carens, a 2006 Magentis, a Soul 1.6hdi Auto Mixx in White over Powder, all diesel, now gone to the darkside with a Renault Koleos!

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 2:16pm
Hi again, no real difference felt with new brake pedal completed. They have tightened up the braking so that the car feels similar to when it was brand new, which is nice. The metal pedal bar looks new but otherwise nothing significant to report.

Posted By: D&K
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 10:42am
Hi all, new to site as looking through the web regarding a problem with our Soul Connect+ (2014 manual diesel) Brake Pedal.
We had the recall carried out on the first service for the Brake Pedal issue (although we hadn't noticed any problem). A year later we are now experiencing the Brake Pedal not releasing, especially when it's only gently been applied in slow traffic. You can actually put your toe under the pedal and pull it back up to release the brakes. I believe this was the problem that the original recall was for?
Has anyone else noticed this issue? Especially since having the recall carried out. We've already asked our local dealer to check but they said they couldn't find anything wrong. It's booked back in next week and I'll be taking them out in the car but knowledge of anyone else having this problem would be appreciated.

Posted By: Hawk
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:27am
Mine is a 2014 Mixx and I haven't heard anything. Wonder if i should be worried? Could you ask that question when you take it in please.

Cheers

Mark

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:28am
Whoops did not realise this was an old post sorry folks!

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 1:52pm
Hi Mark,
This started as an old Post but I resurrected it as having issues with our brake pedal.
Car was taken to our local dealer who checked it out and agreed that the brake pedal was intermittently slow to release and keeping the brakes on slightly.
This is the same issue which was the subject of a "Service Advice" (not a DVLA recall) from Kia last year and our car was check and had a new Pedal Box fitted. Seems the same issue has reoccurred (to our car anyway) so they are ordering another new Pedal Box Assembly to fit to the car to see if the problem disappears.
If you apply the pedal lightly for an inch or two, release it and watch the pedal, you'll see that sometimes it is very slow to come back up, to the extent that you can pull it up with your toe.
Will advise when the parts are fitted if OK.
D&K
PS: We have the issue with the Radio loosing DAB, there is a software upgrade available now but the Dealer advised not to do it as a completely new upgrade is coming out in February. Kia have told them not to do any upgrades until that's available. We're going to have the Pedal Box and Software upgrade done all at the same time next month.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:58am
Hello D&K,

Mine is the auto model so I hope that does not have the issue with the pedal?

Good info though as I was going to fire mine in for the infotainment upgrade, but I will hang fire till March now just so I know its okay. (presume that will sort the DAB and mem stick issues and we will get Carplay and the Android one too)

Cheers mate
Mark/Hawk

Posted By: eddie632
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 4:30pm
Hi, Mines in on Mon for the second time, think the problem may be with the pedal freeplay, some times it doesn't fully to top, just enough to work the servo, which is a pain when trickling along in traffic.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 5:30pm
We've just received a phone call today from our local dealer who informs us that Kia have asked them not to change the pedal assembly yet but to check certain points on the braking system (which points to the same thing that "eddie632" has mentioned).
The dealer said that Kia told them that there has been other reports of the same fault so I'd be interested to know how many others are having the problem. It might be that others haven't noticed it as is does depend on your driving style, one of us notices the problem the other driver of the car doesn't.
Will keep everyone informed when the car goes in in a couple of weeks.

Posted By: eddie632
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 11:26pm
Had my pedal assembly changed today, free play problem cured.
Braking seems to have more "feel", allthough that could just be me! Big smile

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:22pm
Hi everyone.
Unfortunately our local dealer hasn't been able to rectify the problem and we still have the same issue (brake pedal slow to return especially if the brakes are applied lightly, so much so that the Brake Lights stay on for a 100mts or so once brake pedal released which is very noticeable in the dark). KIA advised the dealer not to replace anything but there was a slight question over the Servo. What I'm asking everyone is has anyone had issues with their brake servo and/or had the servo replaced? Our car isn't used a great deal, only 9000 miles in 28 months and usually short journeys, but this issue is starting to annoy me. Any info gratefully received for when I next get in touch with our dealer.
Car is a 2014 Connect+ 1.6 CRDI Manual.

Posted By: mike 47
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 8:24pm
hi d&k,had same problem with my soul connect.
dealer changed brake pedal assembly all fixed.
hope this helps.
regards mike.Big smile

Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:04pm
Hi all,
Well we've finally got our problem resolved. The issue was with the Brake Servo holding the brake pedal slightly. Our local dealer had received some info from Kia about a similar problem on the Cee'd, and as the Soul is basically the same vehicle, they contacted Kia who said Yes it could be the same problem and change the Servo.
We now have a much nicer feeling brake pedal which is much sharper and releases immediately. The car is much nicer to drive and actually feels tighter and more responsive .........strange?
At the same time they replaced the Radio unit and the issue with the DAB stations being lost when the car was turned off has gone. Something to do with a faulty/failed memory battery?
Finally, after a year or more, we're much happier with the car and, hopefully, long may it last.
D&K.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.06 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.co.uk