FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Phone pairing problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dadwood2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadwood2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phone pairing problem
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:21pm
Hi all, I'm having problems getting my iPhone to pair properly with the Kia Bluetooth on the Head Unit. It has worked perfectly in the past but suddenly seems to be faulty. I have carried out the 'pairing' procedure exactly as described in the hand book and when I've finished the 'paired icon' does indeed show on the head unit screen.  I've also adjusted the 'phone volume' on the head set to number 15.  However, when I'm in the car and someone calls my iPhone, the phone itself rings but the hands free system does not kick in. I have been told that this problem can occur after the phone has had an update and it then needs to be disconnected and then deleted from the Kia bluetooth.  Once it has then been re 'paired' with the bluetooth Head Unit it should work.  But it doesn't!  Has anyone else experienced this problem please? Kind regards to all.
Sponsored Links

Dadwood2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadwood2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:25pm
Hi again, I contacted my Kia main dealer this morning to see if they could help with this problem of my iPhone not 'pairing' properly with the Head Unit in my Venga. After considerable discussion I was told that since its last update, my iPhone 5s can no longer be supported by Kia Bluetooth! I was then told that there are two possible solutions: either, buy a new model of phone which is supported, or, have the Head Unit in my car replaced with the latest version!  How ridiculous is this? Firstly, who's to say that even if I did buy a new compatible phone that it too might become unsupported as soon as it has its first update? And secondly, who on earth is going to want the expense of a new Head Unit? I'm sorry to say that Kia appears to have made a complete mess of this matter. Owners who rely heavily on the 'hands free' feature have now lost it if they have particular models of mobile phones. Could Kia not come up with a simple 'patch' which could be applied at the dealership for a small charge?  Kind regards to all - don't try phoning me when I'm driving!!!
xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:32pm
Well if it cant connect after your phone has updated then its down to apple I would have thought.
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
Dadwood2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadwood2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:55pm
That's an interesting point! I am going to contact Apple at their retail and training facility in Kent. In the meantime; I wonder if anyone else has an iPhone 5s that does work with the Head Unit in a 2013 Venga??
TerryB58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryB58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:30pm
Just 'undo' the latest update, all will work again.  Not sure if doing an 'undo' is even possible but that is the beauty of Apple 

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 
Dadwood2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadwood2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:24pm
Just got back from the Apple shop in Bluewater.  Firstly, the technician there said that he has not heard of any Bluetooth system ever being unable to handle a phone update.  He reckoned that updating  a phone could not have any detrimental effects that would cause difficulty in 'pairing' to ANY Bluetooth Wireless Technology unit.  Secondly, it is not possible to go back to a previous update with the iPhone. Oh well, just give me a few minutes to lie down in a darkened room. Kind regards to all who made suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic