FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Personal Contract Hire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Florida21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 8:31am
Got my 1.7 ISG 2 in metallic from Kia Direct. 6+23 at £197 month. Total over 2 yrs is £5700. No maitenance.
Sponsored Links

garynic2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garynic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 9:37am
Best thing about contract hire ....there is no messing about with part exchange, no hassle with the dealer flogging all the "essentual" extras like paint protection and wheel and tyre insurance etc....and you can then go get whatever car you want....currently there is a deal on an infinity q50 saloon car for £285 ish over 2 years. If my term was up I would be very tempted. Who knows what I will get next time but its all great fun....
Kia Sportage 1.7CRDi ISG 4 Silver Frost
megandlol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megandlol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:26pm
Hi
I've today ordered a Sportage 1.7crdi 4 in Alchemy Green (I like being different but may live to regret that choice!!) on a PCH hire 3x35 & 8k per anum for £301 per month so thanks for every one for your help.

Paul
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by garynic2 garynic2 wrote:

Best thing about contract hire .....

It all depends on your definition of best I suppose?

Paying £6k to 'borrow' a Sportage for two years would not be mine! Whilst I appreciate you get a huge reduction in hassle, you do pay dearly for that service.
bigc218 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigc218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 9:19pm
what's the difference with a pcp and a lease?

If you never plan to actually buy the car then a lease makes perfect sense, there is minimal deposit and if you get maintenance included like mine then hassle free. 

I pay £349 per month via salary sacrifice for 2 years , I sold my old car a passat for £8500 which I have invested. If I wanted the same deal with kia when I get mine in April I needed to put £5000 deposit to pay £319 per month over 3 years.
2016 kia sportage isg 4 1.7d. Fusion white
garynic2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garynic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Sheets Sheets wrote:

Originally posted by garynic2 garynic2 wrote:

Best thing about contract hire .....

It all depends on your definition of best I suppose?

Paying £6k to 'borrow' a Sportage for two years would not be mine! Whilst I appreciate you get a huge reduction in hassle, you do pay dearly for that service.

I'd rather pay £6k to "borrow" it than pay £25,000+ to own it Cry..........

I have £0 tied up in my car and the feeling is greatClap

and remember I haven't paid £6k until the last payment is made...which will take 2 years to drip feed across LOL

Edited by garynic2 - 09 Jan 2017 at 9:59pm
Kia Sportage 1.7CRDi ISG 4 Silver Frost
kia62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kia62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:16pm
Agree there,no way do I keep cars for years and years 3 would be maximum for me.If I PCH again it'll only be for 2 years.The way I look at I,m paying for the depreciation, then end of term chop it for another new one.
white sportage ISG3
jaybro187 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybro187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:59pm
I got mine from intelligent car leasing. They was very good start to finish no extra selling and all done over emails
bigc218 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigc218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:36pm
some great accountant once said, if it appreciates buy it if it depreciates lease it.....

Cars are money pits. I like the no hassle of just add fuel that leasing gives me, as I only have it 2 years I won't even need to have it serviced. 
2016 kia sportage isg 4 1.7d. Fusion white
Kigoiuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kigoiuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:44pm
I priced up a lease on a 2.0 manual gt line after deposit and monthly payments it came to £10.556 
for two years 
if I did it again with another new car after two years for the same period and no price change it would cost another £10.556
after four years a total of £21.000 and no car 

yet I paid £23.500 for a GT line with 5 years service included and after 4 years I would still own a car worth around 40 to 45% of its new value and still with 3 years warranty and one years servicing left  . or say £10.000 worth of Car 

If you do the maths you will find in the LONG RUN it is more cost effective to buy than lease .

the only benefit of leasing is you get a new car every 2 years on the above example .
and you do not empty your savings of one large lump sum .

whatever way you choose to Drive a Sportage ,
if your happy paying for not actually owning the car then all well and good .

I'm a bit old fashioned in that I prefer to actually own the Car .

I may change my point of view if the figures to lease where more attractive but at the moment they are not .
What people also have to take into account is money in the bank is Dead money as no interest is being paid , so where is it better suited , useing it to get a good cash deal to buy a car or emptying it gradually over 4 years on the same type of car and left with nothing after it .

I can pay back into my savings account a payment monthly equal to the lease to put the balance back in that was taken out 4 years previously , so at 4 years I have leased the car to myself and still have the CAR and my account has been replenished .

2016 66reg Sportage 2.0 GT Line manual in Red
2007 Sportage xs silver 90.000 miles and still going strong
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic