FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Opening the Petrol Flap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beebe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opening the Petrol Flap
    Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 11:35am
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues opening the petrol flap. 

I have only had to put fuel in once but I had to press the button about 10 times until it actually did anything, more annoyingly I had to get out and walk round the car to check and I wasn't sure I could see it in my mirror. 

Anyone else had the problem? Going to speak to the service centre today anyway but I was just curious?
Sponsored Links

Recycleman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recycleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 12:30pm
No problems always works first time
jim1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 7:21pm
No problems here either, can see it though the wing mirror as well 😀

To be fair, my dealer mentioned it was slow opening, havnt found that though as it's always been instant although only filled up twice
Niro 2 with ADAP in Pearl White (metallic)

Picanto 2 5 door in white.

Previous,
Niro 2 with ADAP in pearl white.

Sportage2 1.6GDI 2014, Dark Gun Metal
sportage 1,black,2012.
Picanto 1air white
TerryB58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryB58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 7:53pm
I have filled up a few dozen times now and never had an issue with the fuel filler release.

I do tend to press and hold for a few seconds then I release, not sure if that helps.

Tongue
smileymiley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smileymiley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 6:55am
Apparently it's because of the vapour lock that can occur in the fuel system. It has to equalise the pressure before the cap can be opened. So they have put a timed delay in the system .  Takes longer on low fuel levels, as more of a lock in the system.
Vini,Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around
TheatreFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheatreFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 8:39am
That's really cool to know, first refuel tomorrow so I'll bear it in mind!
kibodemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kibodemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by smileymiley smileymiley wrote:

Apparently it's because of the vapour lock that can occur in the fuel system. It has to equalise the pressure before the cap can be opened. So they have put a timed delay in the system .  Takes longer on low fuel levels, as more of a lock in the system.

I believe OP was talking about the flap not the cap.

I, too, had a problem with the petrol flap release first time I refilled. Pressed the button got out the car, nada. I now press the button 2 or 3 times. I think it is a manual cable release, it'd be nice if the button release had a positive click to it.

My other, minor, grumble would be lack of internal boot release.
TheatreFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheatreFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 8:39am
I had this very much in mind on first refill but I'm glad to say I had no issue with the petrol flap.

An internal release for the boot (perhaps an electric tailgate) would be a nicety but I'm not too bothered as I'm so used to really slow electric tailgates that I currently am enjoying the speed I can open the hatch manually.
Beebe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 9:57am
I do still get this issue. I have to hold the button down and sometimes press it several times until it opens. Although only filled up about 3 or 4 times. 

Now I know you can see it in the mirror it is not so bad and saves me walking round the car like an idiot :)
Kia Niro 2 with ADAP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic